What's new

24: Day 3 - 10/28/03 - Hour 1 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys, understand the issue of certain cliffhangers that will be resolved tonight. And I might not be in synch with older events. I'll see how it goes.

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
10 minutes to showtime, baby! Rock n' Roll!!

And on a side note, I hope we do have an appearance by Nina this season, as the one drawback of Season 2 was it almost seemed to be building towards a Final Showdown between her and Jack that never happened...

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
Is this a 60 minute commercial for Ford or what? They should rename the show: "Ford's 24" The Ford logo seems so intrusive at times.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Jack is a heroin addict now.

Good start me thinks.

Plus jack has not killed anyone yet. He averages about 2 an hour, so he will have to make up for lost time.

cwhite

Second Unit
After watching the "24" marathon on FX and liking most of Season 3, I decided to give the show a chance for a full season. After tonight's extended length Ford F150 commercial,
I'm not watching another hour of this show. Like I told friends before, the one hour/one day concept is great but the show is poorly executed. Too bad it could not be applied to The X-Files.

John Swarce

Second Unit
Jack is a junkie??? WTF!

I thought the pacing was a bit scattered, but overall a good episode. It set-up a lot of plot lines to be followed. I am still not sure about the new role for Kim, but I'll cut the writers some slack for now and see how things develop.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Ok start - nice production values on the rebuilt CTU set. Story so far isn't anything we haven't seen on Miami Vice or Wiseguy, but, it may be expecting too much to be expecting so much.

I'm still wishing they had moved the show to film in Europe, to track down the masterminds behind season one... Maybe they'll save Europe for the motion picture.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Oh come one, product placement is not a new thing. I didn't watch the commercial at the beginning or end and I didn't see any in between so it worked out great.

I was surprised that Kim didn't annoy me. Maybe they will actually give her something to do besides get into cheeseball situations.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Actually there was a F150 in 24 itself, when they first quarantined the body in the beginning. But that's not as bad as some other shows, so it's no big deal.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm not sure I was fully drawn in by this one, but nothing has truly happened yet. We got a good revelation

Jack has a smack problem

but once I read reviews about this episode that told of Jack's backstory since we saw him last, I was not too surprised. I'm not sure I'm into Jack having a partner as well. I would have perferd Tony to be backing up Jack if necessary. I'm not sure I'm very happy about The dangling plot threads about the people who made the attempt on Palmer seemingly being written off
but I sort of expected that as well. But it's just the 1st episode and I'm sure it will pick up pretty soon

Chris Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Why wasn't this broadcast in 16:9? It was shot that way wasn't it? I saw the last two seasons in England and they were both 16:9 so what gives? They are also shown without commercials over there which I guess is what you get for being months behind but I did like it that way.

So was it just me and my Canadian affiliate (global) or was it broadcast in 4:3 for everyone?

Thanks

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
This was a bit of a letdown for me. Where is Mandy's group? They could have done so much with Mandy's group. I want to see what happened in those 3 years. Where is Sherry? Where is Nina? The only thing we really got that didn't establish the plot was that Jack's on smack (Sounds like Buck from Kill Bill). I hope things pick up next week.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
I almost fainted when I saw that Kim was working at CTU. I can't believe it. If CTU gets blown up by a mountain lion this season I bet it will be Kim's fault. Any takers?

It was a slow episode but it is only the first one. Anyone here watch a certain cop show on HBO that is based in Baltimore????? Kind of similar in pacing. And you know that it will pick up. As someone already stated Bauer averages 2 kills/hour. We have two folks that will be taking major losses soon. Espcially with a Bauer in withdrawal.

Not that it bothered me but the Ford product placement was on in full effect. There were a couple of shots of Ford ovals that were completely blatant and almost every vehicle in the show was a Ford or a Ford subsidiary (Jaguar). ***with the exception of the presidential limo which, or course, is a stretched cadillac tank.***

djb

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks