What's new

21 Grams coming to DVD March 16th (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
OK then, here are the full specs!

1.85:1 anamorphic transfer
Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS Surround tracks
making-of featurette
"21 Grams: In Fragments" featurette
Trailers

Retail is $26.98

Jefe Noche

Stunt Coordinator
It is an amazing film, but that has got to be one of the worst dvd covers of all time :angry: . Maybe, (I'm no expert)A DARK MOVIE SHOULD HAVE A DARK COVER!!!!!!!!!!

Zak Hepburn

Stunt Coordinator
Just saw this film today at the theatere
Can't wait to get it,I hope the DVD has a little info on the great editing used in the film. :emoji_thumbsup:

Andy Kim

Second Unit
I'm in Canada and I'm kinda new to amazon.ca
I noticed that the Canadian version is more expensive than the Import (US Version)...do you think there are differences between the two (a la Alliance)? Do you think the Canadian version is more expensive because of the possibility of the inclusion of extras or is it more to do with the fact that they probably had to put more effort into the Canadian release to meet language standards (i.e. adding French reversable cover, etc)?
I would like to order this soon but amazon.ca has not listed any of the details and I can't compare the two spec wise.
Thanks
Andy

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Focus Features is turning into a name that when i see it on a release, i know i'll want to see the movie.

anyone have a complete list of movies released with this banner?

also i just watched the dvd, great movie i think i want to see amores perres now.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
I also saw this movie this week (bought it last week). It’s a great movie and I knew nothing about it. Hearing the name of the movie all the time and during the Oscars, I thought it’s about drugs! But that’s not the bad part. 10-15 minutes into the movie, I still thought it’s about drugs but no! 21 grams is something else! (Oh and I have a joke, who edited this movie? A 5 years-old? :D). But seriously, it was the first time I saw something edited like this because it felt there was no pattern in the timeline. It didn’t go backward like Memento or in any order. It was completely random and out of order.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
We should have an official review up
in the next day. Our reviewer is working
on it now.

Joe Kamsan

Stunt Coordinator

So did I. ;) Now that I know what the title actually means, I couldn't have been further off.

I don't know what the plotline is except that it seems similar to Amores Perros. For those who have seen both, a question: Is this just an American version of AP with a slightly altered story, or is this worth picking up 'blind' since I loved AP, and that the differences set the films apart as two distinctly different films. All I've heard is that 21 Grams isn't as good as AP.

Note: I didn't want to put this in the review thread, and I didn't want to browse the discussion thread because of possible spoilers.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
roger ebert said something interesting in his review.

""21 Grams" has three stories and a traffic accident, but the stories move back and forth in time, so that sometimes we know more than the characters, sometimes they know more than we do."

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
and although some of the same themes are explored in both movies, they are completely different. For the record, I think both films are brilliant.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
Received my copy of 21 GRAMS today and it came in a brand new, and hopefully not soon-to-catch-on, type of case.

After removing the security stickers I tried to open the case and it refused to open. After checking for additional stickers I might have missed, I looked at the edge of the case and noticed that that this case has two plastic clasps that you have to unlock before the case can be opened.

I'm sure these clasps are there for security reasons, but do we really need these things on our DVD cases? At least with the annoying stickers once you take them off you're done with them. These I'll have to deal with every time I want to open the case.

Two huge thumbs down.

-greg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that has been seen on other dvds before.
i heard of people buying from walmnart that had them.

i think one of them was star trek nemisis.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I would pick this up except for the fact that the features were dropped at the last minute which leads me to believe that there will be a special edition of this coming soon.

Excellent movie. Unlike most movies with a subpar ending, I thought this movie ended on a high note.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
It seems like Focus is starting to include those snaps on all of their cases now. I noticed them on the Lost in Translation case and tore them off quite easily so it becomes "normal."

Joe Kamsan

Stunt Coordinator
Cheers Mark. While I am still debating a blind buy, I am encouraged by a lot of the reviews that praise the acting of the three stars. I have about a 95% hit rate on blind bys.

Jough

Stunt Coordinator
While the film is excellent (it's this year's "Memento") the DVD is now completely bare-bones - all of the features have been removed to make way for an SE later in the year.

So I'll pass for now. I hate double-dipping.

Try to give it a rental, though - the film itself is well worth it.

Bryant Trew

Second Unit
Got the DVD last week. Fantastic performances, but the movie seems to lack a soul.

Also, no extras at all!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks