What's new

20th century fox TV archives MOD program (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Tina_H_V said:
I would welcome the following releases and /or completions where applicable:

Peyton Place
The Green Hornet
Room 222
Nanny and the Professor
The White Shadow

And that's just to name a few... :)
In a heartbeat for The White Shadow!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for bringing up Crusader Rabbit. It would be great to at least get the color episodes of that. I know that Fox owns Fantastic Voyage (available in the UK) and Journey to the Center of the Earth, but are you aware of any other unreleased kids shows owned by Fox? Thanks!
No thanks. I'd be interested in the black and white Crusader Rabbit episodes. Jay Ward had nothing to do with the later color shows so those are not nearly as good. As for other kids shows, not really into them post-1965 so I don't really know.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Neil Brock said:
No thanks. I'd be interested in the black and white Crusader Rabbit episodes. Jay Ward had nothing to do with the later color shows so those are not nearly as good. As for other kids shows, not really into them post-1965 so I don't really know.
I didn't understand Ward wasn't involved in the follow up show. Well then, perhaps a complete series with both shows would suit me. Thanks for your always informative (and plain spoken) posts.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I guess here would be my listPeyton Place and the 3 TV movies.I would be happy with just a 50th anniversary box set of the entire Peyton Place series dust and all. The rest is just a huge wish list which I doubt will ever ever happen.

Peyton Place 1 hour unaired pilot

Peyton Place Revisited 1973 TV cast reunion specialMurder in Peyton PlacePeyton Place the Next GenerationReturn To Peyton Place the 2 year daytime soapThe 5 TV movies based on The Time Tunnel which aired in the 1980s in syndication on Channel 9 in Chicago and on the Fox Movie Channel

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I could see Fox releasing Phyllis, The Betty White Show and maybe Lou Grant in their MOD program. As much as I'd like to see Nanny & The Professor and especially (God, I hate to mention it) Room 222 get released, I really don't see those two happening. Unless Fox does a major cleanup and restoration, Room 222 just won't sell.

It would be nice if they released the final season of Rhoda and maybe a more complete season 1 set.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Mark Collins said:
The 5 TV movies based on The Time Tunnel which aired in the 1980s in syndication on Channel 9 in Chicago and on the Fox Movie Channel
Just as long as they are the 100 minute versions (2 hours) and not the 75 minutes (90 minute) reedits.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I didn't understand Ward wasn't involved in the follow up show. Well then, perhaps a complete series with both shows would suit me. Thanks for your always informative (and plain spoken) posts.
Ward lost control after the company which produced the original series, Television Arts Productions, was bought out. There was a long legal battle and Ward lost the rights to the series. He had no involvement in the color series and while the animation is better, the writing is not at the same level.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
How to Marry A Millionaire was produced by Fox but distributed by Republic so I would think it would be owned now by CBS.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Neil Brock said:
How to Marry A Millionaire was produced by Fox but distributed by Republic so I would think it would be owned now by CBS.
"The NTA Film Network", as I recall.

jimmyjet

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jimmy
Brian Himes said:
As much as I'd like to see Nanny & The Professor and especially (God, I hate to mention it) Room 222 get released, I really don't see those two happening. Unless Fox does a major cleanup and restoration, Room 222 just won't sell.
well, you will owe me lunch and dinner for a month when it does.

so start saving up !!!!!

cheneekoo

Agent
Real Name
Chen
I have a question. is there a reason why the list doesn't contain any cartoons made by 20th Century Fox, such as CBS Storybreak?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Mr. Freeze said:
The Green Hornet is absolutely at the top of my list.
Last I heard, Trendle's estate wanted too much of a share for the DVD release.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
This is great for all Fox TV show fans. Even the least amount of episodes of show may get a release and not just a giant hit such a Daniel Boone.I am also glad the program is active and still hold out the hope for Peyton Place.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
The announcement always comes at the end of the month and on a Wednesday. Will there be at the end of each month a one series a month announcement?Hey Fox release Peyton Place for Christmas! The Shout copies are flying off the shelves at Amazon now. I can only think because of PP 50th anniversary

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The Women's Murder Club was not crap. It was a decent mystery series. The network (wasn't it ABC that had it?) programmed it on Friday nights with a nothing comedy lead-in, so of course it didn't meet their expectations. As I recall, it was a bubble show and was only canceled at the last minute. Fortunately, Angie Harmon was able to parley her ability to play a convincing detective into Rizzoli & Isles which has been a huge hit for TNT, but she and Rob Estes had some scintillating chemistry in The Women's Murder Club..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks