What's new

20th century fox TV archives MOD program (1 Viewer)

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Jack P said:
Well I like that indication, but only when I see the announcement will I believe it. An individual S7 release and a complete Hour set would be the best solutions from my standpoint.

Complete Hour and Complete Presents releases would be the ideal solution in my book; that way I can get rid of the defective season 1 set of flippers and I wouldn't have to buy the DVD-R season 6 release. :D

Darby

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I agree S1 could use an upgrade not just because of the flippers but they also had episode summaries that EVERYTIME gave away the twist at the end. But my budget would prefer convenience first.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Jack P said:
I agree S1 could use an upgrade not just because of the flippers but they also had episode summaries that EVERYTIME gave away the twist at the end. But my budget would prefer convenience first.
Not to leave out that you had to hear the title track every time-- if you tried to skip it and get right into the show, you were out of the episode entirely.

Somewhat OT-- I read a DVD Verdict review that stated that it was this way (no chapter stops) on Shout!'s third-season (1983-84) release of Simon & Simon. Is this true? (Granted, Simon wasn't a TCF property, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I just wanted to make a statement on the Fox MOD Program. I have not received any confirmation that 20th Century Fox Entertainment has given up any future plans on vintage TV Library releases. Many options are out there and licensing to another company at a negotiated rate is always been their stand in the past.

I only wish and hope that at some point they would work with companies such a MPI which they have not.

There are still many series that Fox could make money on from the late 60s for example.

The news on their releasing classic movies from their library is a very good sign. So I am very optimistic at what the future may hold.

I still want that little town in New England but would be very happy to see other people get what they want at some future date.

For my one grail show I have often said give it to me just the way Shout Factory put the show out.

Mark Collins

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Mark Collins said:
I have not received any confirmation that 20th Century Fox Entertainment has given up any future plans on vintage TV Library releases.

It's difficult to envision a scenario where they would ever tell you that they have zero intentions of ever releasing the requested classic tv series from the 50's and 60's that have been seen mentioned throughout this thread. The most you will ever see is that they have no plans at this time. They simply would never provide such a statement for a variety of reasons.

You have to go off their actions and the time that has passed with zero evidence of anything changing. While I have no problem with remaining optimistic, as far as I'm concerned, their inaction has given me the sad answer on what to expect from Fox themselves.

Hopefully they become more realistic with licensing and the value of their IP, allowing some of the most viable candidates an opportunity to escape and perhaps be picked up by a company like MPI (Like The Ghost & Mrs Muir, a classic that is still remembered that has transfers available and which is a type of show from that era that has done reasonably well on DVD).

But even that hope is fast slipping at this point. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation239
Recent bookmarks