What's new

20th Century Fox in '06? (1 Viewer)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
There are quite a few shows from Fox which are on my "gotta have it" list. Most are MTM production shows.

Mary Tyler Moore (seasons 4-7)
Rhoda
Lou Grant
WKRP In Cinncinati
Mr. Belvedere
The Fall Guy
Remington Steele ( seasons 3-5)

Things looked pretty bleak for Mary there for quite a while when we all thought it was going to be abandoned after season one. But after Fox realised the fan uproar, we now have season 3. And hopefully the rest in the near future.
Does anyone out there know if Fox is highlighting any of these shows for future release?? (wink, wink, Dave/Gord?)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

I am no authority on the subject, however I am doubtful we'll see anything this year unless music publishers have an epiphany.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Dan, Remington Steele season 2 is already out.

For me:
Remington Steele seasons 3-5
Ally McBeal (almost all of the songs used on it are covers so the rights can't be as expensive as the orignals. Just throw season 1 out for us after so many years)
the Angel collection ala the Buffy set. I have been considering getting the seperate seasons but I just know they are going to do the same thing that they did with Buffy so I am choosing to wait

Jim_Chamberlin

Auditioning
I'm waiting for FOX to get back to Malcolm In The Middle, as they abandoned it for music rights issues I believe. Other series from FOX I'm waiting for are either already being released or I just haven't purchased yet. :)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

I agree. I don;t watch Malcolm but the show seems to be getting less and less popular by the year, so they should've tried to get at least the first three or four seasons out when there was still a lot of interest

LCD22

Screenwriter
Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place
The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis (season sets)
The Fall Guy (It's been awhile since I've seen this show, and since it's a 80s series - Fox please take note: with the original music intact)
Rhoda (Wasn't some of the music replaced on some of the VHS tapes?)

Mike*SC

Second Unit

Don't make any assumptions. And even if it were true, less expensive doesn't mean inexpensive.

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
Looking forward to Remington Steele - Seasons 3-5.

(Though I do wonder if the pseudo 5th season [movies] will be included. Even though they were less than stellar as opposed to the main series, I'd hope they would be, so as to complete the series overall. Maybe S4 and S5 could be released together?)

John*D

Second Unit
The Visitor
John Doe
M.A.N.T.I.S.
VR5
Strange Luck
SKIN

Generation X (X-men Pilot/tv movie from '96)

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit
On My Fox "Gotta Have" List is a Simpsons Best of DVD with an uncut Marge Gets a Job) The one currently on DVD is edited (not for music)

Claude North

Second Unit
Mary Tyler Moore (seasons 4-7)
Rhoda
Phyllis
Many Loves of Dobie Gillis (didn't realize that Fox owned the rights, but I'd definitely buy this one)

And, in a perfect world, we'd see the release of a certain Fox show to coincide with its 40th anniversary. ;)

For me:
The Bob Newhart Show (Seasons 3-6)
Family Guy (Volume 4)
Mary Tyler Moore (Seasons 4-7)
24 (Season 5, in December)

Maybe I'll check out:
How I Met Your Mother
My Name is Earl

And if Fox releases Blu-Ray this year:
24 (Season 1)

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

Oops..typo.
I meant 3-5.
Unfortunately, I don't see any of these on Dave's list of DVD's planned for '06..:angry:

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

don't get too worried, a few weeks ago it was posted that Fox is not planning to shelve or abandon RS and that a season 3 announcement is likely some time in January, so within a few weeks we'll find out when the next set is coming out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks