What's new

2015-16 MLB Hot Stove (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Season is over, let's talk about your wants and needs for your team this off-season.

I would like the Cubs to pick up another starter.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
I'd like the Red Sox to pick up Buchholz' option and Buchholz to stay healthy next season. :)

Well...the first half of that has already come true. Now we just need the other half to follow (and for his head to stay screwed on straight.

My wish would be for the Sox to pick up another two quality starters. And if they could find a way to dump those two horrible pick-ups (Ramirez and Sandoval)... Let's go with the young 'uns.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
You guys are too hard on Sandoval. The whole team stunk on ice but since Panda was the new high priced guy he took most of the blame.

I'm glad to see Dusty Baker was hired as the Nats manager. I like Dusty and with him at the helm the Nats should be in good shape to win the East next season.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I hear ya, Patrick. But Sandoval had so many opportunities to perform in the clutch...and...didn't.

He was hyped...and expensive..and big. An easy target.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
We will definitely miss him, but I think Ben Zobrist will find a heavy contract somewhere in the MLB next season. Cueto may grab a decent contract, somewhere also.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Looks like the Mets are going to part ways with Murphy and Cespedes.

Even with their strong young pitching I could see them not making the playoffs next year as they were just so so before Cespedes

joined the team. Although he did have a poor last few weeks of the season there is no way they would have made the playoffs without his contributions.

As for Murphy, he almost single handedly got them to the series only to cool way down.

It should be interesting to see how things shape out for them.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I probably wouldn't do it myself, but I could see Dombrowski trading one of the Red Sox' young outfielders for pitching and then trying to sign Cespedes.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Patrick_S said:
They already gave up on Cespedes once before, why would they want him back?
Cherrington traded him from Boston. Dombrowski traded for him and then traded him for some future assets in July. However, with some monies to spend in Boston perhaps Dombrowski will look for reunion. With that said, I would be surprise to that happening.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
As Robert said, the current Red Sox "they" is actually the Tigers "they" who took Cespedes off their hands the first time! :) Word is they're looking at some other outfielders. We'll see.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I HATE when players announce their retirement while they re still playing. HATE IT!

And, apparently, David Ortiz is saying he will retire after the 2016 season. Jerk.

Retire when you are done. Don't announce it in advance. We don't need you to change your mind. We don't need "farewell tours."

Just put your head down and walk away (just like the way you should have been running to first base on ground balls).
frust.gif

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I have no problem with players taking a farewell tours.

Since it is know he failed a PED test it should be interesting if he has to wait a long time to get into the HoF.

Nice to see Bryant get ROY and Maddon Manager of the Year.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see the writers got it right by giving the NL Cy to Arrieta.

Hope the Cubs can continue to build on last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks