What's new

2014 MLB Regular Season & Post Season too! (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Ockeghem said:
Ron,LOL. At least I know who your favorite team is now! :)
Yes but in 2012 after the NLCS, the Tigers were my favorite team and I was so hoping they'd knock off the Giants!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mike,Ain't nobody gonna beat us when we have a one-two punch like Workman (vs. Price) and De La Rosa going for us! ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Personally, Scott, I think our little win streak (emphasis on LITTLE) is all due to the return of the mistreated Daniel Nava.

:biggrin:

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mike Frezon said:
Personally, Scott, I think our little win streak (emphasis on LITTLE) is all due to the return of the mistreated Daniel Nava.

:biggrin:
Mike,Well, it's not like Nava did anything special in his first-ever major league at-bat. What a horrible at-bat that was.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Ockeghem said:
Mike,Well, it's not like Nava did anything special in his first-ever major league at-bat. What a horrible at-bat that was.
:angry:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ockeghem said:
Mike,

Well, it's not like Nava did anything special in his first-ever major league at-bat. What a horrible at-bat that was.
He only batted .303 last year. 2nd best on the team (behind Ortiz' .309). And just ahead of Pedroia's .301. Eighth in the league in his first (basically) full season. Arguably, one of the steadiest bats in the Sox lineup in 2013.

And what does he get for his efforts? Platooned in the post-season (not that I can complain too much about the results) and a start in the minors the following season.
confused-smiley-013.gif

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mike,I'm sure you know I agree with you 100%. But I didn't know that he ended up batting over .300 last year. Quite nice!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
:angry:
Mike Frezon said:
One man's treasure is another man's trash, Scott: :biggrin:

I never made it to the game.

Had to travel back to South Jersey for a funeral that was the same day.

My grandfather was 97.
Participated in the Bay of Pigs so we are told.
Also the second wave at Normandy.

Has a purple heart and a medal of honor.

He was my role model.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Awww, Tony. So sorry for your loss.

Peg showed me your picture from the flight and I didn't put two-and-two together. A GREAT picture by the way.

Your grandfather sounds like he was a great man.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Going through his things I found a Bronze Star medal and a medal of Good conduct and a couple of infantryman awards in addition to his purple heart. No medal of honor though I mistook the good conduct one for that. Btw I will be repeating that picture tomorrow night as I fly back to Fla.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
What happened to the Sox tonight. Got in to their fourth manager.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
TonyD said:
What happened to the Sox tonight.Got in to their fourth manager.
Good thing they have a deep bench! :laugh:

=================

If you are really asking, there was a number of batters hit-by-pitch. One of those deals where TB's David Price hit Ortiz in the first inning (probably retaliation for some trash talking that took place during a game last week in TB). Farrell comes out to argue why does his pitcher get a warning and gets tossed.

Price hits another Sox batter. Doesn't get ejected. Manager #2 is given the heave ho.

The Sox pitcher throws behind Longoria. He & Manager #3 are immediately ejected (due to the warnings).

And wouldn't you know, Jonny Gomes gets hit in extra innings. No ejection for TB. :rolling-smiley:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike Frezon said:
A very uplifting sentiment.

He's gotten hit at least a couple of times this season, you'll be pleased to know.
Last night was only the second time he's been HBP. Furthermore, the most he's been HBP in a season is 5 times. That's nothing compared to most power hitters in the game. Pitchers need to pitch him inside as he been killing them for years because they allow him to be too comfortable at that plate. Also, pitchers should have been tired of his home run act a long time go in which he watches his homers and takes a month of Sundays to get around the bases. Yes, I thought Price hit Ortiz on purpose. I don't think Price hit Carp on purpose, but was trying to pitch inside. Workman was on purpose too.

As to my personal feelings about Ortiz. I can't stand him, I think he's a phony and the sports mainstream media has allowed him to skate for years.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
After listening to Ortiz's comments from last night, those comments just reinforced what I think of him. He's suppose to be this ambassador of the game and yet he's up their calling Price "a little b****", "a little girl", we kicked their "a**" last year and this is "war", he better wear gloves next time.

I'll be surprise if any members of the sports MSM calls him out for it. You'll hear nothing, but crickets over there at ESPN which is nothing more than NESN 2. If another athlete made those same comments, all hell would break out on that person, If Jeter, another ambassador of the game and probably more respected than Ortiz made those comments, it would be a big time controversy and will be played up on ESPN and the rest of the sports media.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mike,Okay, I promise not to joke about De La Rosa again. He pitched wonderfully tonight, as the Red Sox got their sixth straight victory. And thankfully this was an easy one for a change.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks