What's new

2013 NFL Season Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
I'm kind of curious. How is Denvers' offense going to look when the snow flies in Denver?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What I found funny during one of the "talking head" shows...They compared Luck's first 21 games against Manning.Apple's to asparagus. The Colts organization didn't have a "winning mantra" when Manning was drafted. If Luck is half the QB, the Colts will be the 2nd luckiest team ever in football.1St in "QB non-downfall" Is San Fran.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
schan1269 said:
What I found funny during one of the "talking head" shows...They compared Luck's first 21 games against Manning.Apple's to asparagus. The Colts organization didn't have a "winning mantra" when Manning was drafted. If Luck is half the QB, the Colts will be the 2nd luckiest team ever in football.1St in "QB non-downfall" Is San Fran.
Ahem (Green Bay)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I still have no idea how the Patriots won their game yesterday against the Saints, who just didn't play to win, they played to not lose. The look on Rob Ryan's face as the winning TD was caught was priceless, though.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Patrick Sun said:
I still have no idea how the Patriots won their game yesterday against the Saints, who just didn't play to win, they played to not lose. The look on Rob Ryan's face as the winning TD was caught was priceless, though.
I can never figure out why Brady and company waste 58 minutes sputtering and being ineffective, then can do anything they want to do in the final 2 minutes.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I hope the Pats involve Austin Collie a lot more in their offense in the future.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's just brutal watching all of those dropped passes from the newbie Patriot "receivers" throughout most of the game.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Patrick,Agreed. Thankfully, the one that really mattered was caught, however.Jacinto,No kidding! And what's really great (at least to me) is that the Broncos and Chiefs play each other twice in the regular season. :)

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Dheiner said:
I'm kind of curious. How is Denvers' offense going to look when the snow flies in Denver?
The question is, when does the snow fly in Denver? I lived there for ten years, and highs in December are just as likely to be in the fifties as the twenties. The average high in December is 46, which surprises a lot of people - it's 11 degrees warmer than the average high in Chicago. The Broncos only have two home games in December, against the Titans on the 8th and the Chargers on Thursday the 12th.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Patrick Sun said:
The way I look at it is, the Pats put the ball in Brady's hands and said we'll sink or swim with you. Throw an interception? Your still our guy. The Saints took the ball away from Brees. After all, what's he done for them lately? :blush: I thought the Pats winning had everything to do with what the coaches decided. If there's one team you don't want to give the ball back to it's the pats. Pathetic coaching decision on the part of the Saints.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Johnny Angell said:
The way I look at it is, the Pats put the ball in Brady's hands and said we'll sink or swim with you. Throw an interception? Your still our guy. The Saints took the ball away from Brees. After all, what's he done for them lately? :blush: I thought the Pats winning had everything to do with what the coaches decided. If there's one team you don't want to give the ball back to it's the pats. Pathetic coaching decision on the part of the Saints.
Johnny,

True enough. And the Chargers won last night! :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I don't understand all the complaining. The Saints averaged 5 yards per carry for the game. Why shouldn't they have tried to run the clock down with three minutes left? Getting a few first downs on the ground (they had 7 on the day) was not an unreasonable expectation. They did let Brees pass on third down one time, and he ended up (wisely) taking a coverage sack.

If the Saints had pulled it out, everyone would be complaining about Belichick playing to win on 4th down! :)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
I don't understand all the complaining. The Saints averaged 5 yards per carry for the game. Why shouldn't they have tried to run the clock down with three minutes left? Getting a few first downs on the ground (they had 7 on the day) was not an unreasonable expectation. They did let Brees pass on third down one time, and he ended up (wisely) taking a coverage sack.

If the Saints had pulled it out, everyone would be complaining about Belichick playing to win on 4th down! :)
According to ESPN, the Saints made four big errors:

[*]They wasted a timeout they could have used on defense at the end when Brady spiked the ball.
[*]They attempted a pass on 3rd and 7 with 2:33 remaining instead of running the ball, giving New England extra time (the winning play began with only 10 seconds left).
[*]The Saints started celebrating early instead of maintaining their focus.
[*]Saints cornerback Keenan Lewis threw the New England receiver out of bounds instead of keeping him in bounds -- stopping the clock. Remember, the winning touchdown came with just five seconds left.
[/list]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks