What's new

2013 NFL Season Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Scott Merryfield said:
Which team is going to finally slow down Manning and that offense?
Scott,My guess? New Orleans, most likely in February. ;)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Ockeghem said:
Scott,My guess? New Orleans, most likely in February. ;)
In that case, it may be Mother Nature that slows Manning down. The Super Bowl is outdoors in New York this season.

Walter, has your optimism for the Texans season been completely destroyed yet, or are you still hanging in there? If Houston does not turn it around and make the playoffs, I could see Kubiak getting the axe there.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Walter, has your optimism for the Texans season been completely destroyed yet, or are you still hanging in there? If Houston does not turn it around and make the playoffs, I could see Kubiak getting the axe there.
*sigh* :) :)

Yeah, they were pretty awful last night. I'll be honest, I didn't watch much of the game after the 1st pick 6. About the only bright spot was Foster's 98 yards (based on watching the sports news after the game.) They did so well last year, and with Cushing back and everyone healthy and adding Ed Reed (guess not everyone was healthy) I really thought going into the season that they would contend for the AFC title. I think Kubiak is done unless they turn around the season. With Indy at 4-1 and playing well I don't see the Texans winning the division, at least right now.

I'll still tune in and watch their games, at least if they are in the game, but my optimism is dormant at best.

I did watch the Broncos / Cowboys game and it kind of felt like Arena football with all the points being scored at will by both teams. :) Denver is just looking unstoppable with that offense.

- Walter.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Vikings sign Josh Freeman. Makes very little sense, unless they plan to release Ponder (which makes a lot of sense).

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
It was fascinating to watch the strategy at the end of the Denver-Dallas game. Manning instructed Moreno to get the first down, but not the touchdown, and that's exactly what he did.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Vikings sign Josh Freeman to a 3 Million dollar deal.

The Broncos set an NFL record for spread, they are 28 point favorites over the jaguars.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
RobertR said:
It was fascinating to watch the strategy at the end of the Denver-Dallas game. Manning instructed Moreno to get the first down, but not the touchdown, and that's exactly what he did.
The announcers acted like it was a "great but stupid play" on behalf of the Cowboys...(as in should not have stopped him)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
schan1269 said:
The announcers acted like it was a "great but stupid play" on behalf of the Cowboys...(as in should not have stopped him)
There was nothing the Cowboys could have done about it other than preventing him from getting the first down. If they had tried to let him score, all he had to do was fall down just short of the goal line.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
RobertR said:
There was nothing the Cowboys could have done about it other than preventing him from getting the first down. If they had tried to let him score, all he had to do was fall down just short of the goal line.
That was the entire point.

Manning wanted a first down. He got one.

The announcers acted like the Cowboys made a stupid play by "if he gets the first down, let him score" (the Cowboys tacklers could have dragged him on into the endzone...which is what they "should have" done once the first down was made)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
mattCR said:
Vikings sign Josh Freeman to a 3 Million dollar deal.

The Broncos set an NFL record for spread, they are 28 point favorites over the jaguars.
The Freeman signing makes some sense. The Vikings QB situation is one of the worst in the league. They can look at Freeman now and decide if he's worth signing in the offseason. Otherwise, they will be drafting a QB again next spring.

As for that Broncos - Jags point spread, all I can say is women and children should not be allowed to watch that game. It's going to be brutal.
schan1269 said:
Never underestimate the stupidity of network announcers. Matt Millen, returning to the booth after his debacle in the Lions front office, actually said about Matt Ryan and the Falcons -- "you build around a young QB with the offensive line and defense". This coming from a guy who drafted four wide receivers in the first round! :wacko:

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Merryfield said:
As for that Broncos - Jags point spread, all I can say is women and children should not be allowed to watch that game. It's going to be brutal.
The best aspect as far as I'm concerned is the chance to rest some Denver players who are banged up, especially on defense. It wasn't pretty to see the number of injuries against the Cowboys.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
To be fair, one of the announcers said that the Cowboys should have let Moreno score, but the other disagreed. I forget which was which.

Curse you, Tony Romo!!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
mattCR said:
Not likely to happen, but it would be typical NFL craziness if the Jags won. :lol:

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
Not likely to happen, but it would be typical NFL craziness if the Jags won. :lol:
So given the spread, it would officially be the greatest upset in NFL history.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Stick a fork in the Falcons. Not only do they lose to the Jets to fall to 1-4, but they lost Julio Jones for the season with a foot injury. Also, Roddy White, who was already banged up, tweaked his hamstring.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
On the late-late-show, the chargers finally revealed the team that they are. Mediocre at best. Pitiful at worst. They were terrible against a terrible team. And now Mathews is hurt again. It's a rough sport and I have a hunch, that even for a running back, Mathews have a short career. He's the gift from our previous GM that keeps on taking.

This is a team on which Darin Sproles and Vincent Jackson were deemed expendable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks