What's new

2013 NFL Season Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Scott Merryfield said:
I agree. The calls all seemed to go Seattle's way, but the SF turnovers were the reason the Niners are not playing in the Super Bowl. And yes, Richard Sherman showed the entire country that he is a classless tool. What an ass!

I got both games correct, so am now 7-3 in the playoffs -- not bad after starting 1-3 the first weekend. I am going to wait on the weather report before making my prediction for the Super Bowl. If the weather is good, I think the Broncos will win. The Seahawks should be hoping for a winter storm.

Also, CBS showed a "fact" during the NE - Denver game, where Peyton Manning would be the first starting QB to take two different teams to the Super Bowl. Kurt Warner says "hi" to their research staff.
Craig Morton says hello to your research. :P

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Scott Merryfield said:
I agree. The calls all seemed to go Seattle's way, but the SF turnovers were the reason the Niners are not playing in the Super Bowl. And yes, Richard Sherman showed the entire country that he is a classless tool. What an ass!

I got both games correct, so am now 7-3 in the playoffs -- not bad after starting 1-3 the first weekend. I am going to wait on the weather report before making my prediction for the Super Bowl. If the weather is good, I think the Broncos will win. The Seahawks should be hoping for a winter storm.
A quick look at accuweather.com shows a forecast of 29 for a high with no precipitation. No data on wind.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Robert Crawford said:
Craig Morton says hello to your research. :P
Thanks for the addition, Robert. I didn't go back to do any research, but could only think of Warner off the top of my head. I forgot that Morton started Super Bowl V for the Cowboys -- I always think of him as Staubach's backup.

Of course, Manning could become the first starting QB to WIN a Super Bowl with two different teams.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Scott Merryfield said:
Thanks for the addition, Robert. I didn't go back to do any research, but could only think of Warner off the top of my head. I forgot that Morton started Super Bowl V for the Cowboys -- I always think of him as Staubach's backup.
Back in the day, my buddy, who was a Cowboys fan would argue with me about Morton versus Staubach. Then he got traded to my NFL team, the Giants and from there was traded to Denver, a rival of my favorite AFL team the Raiders. He suck with the Giants, but led the Broncos to the Super Bowl. His memory is a vivid one for me.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
Back in the day, my buddy, who was a Cowboys fan would argue with me about Morton versus Staubach. Then he got traded to my NFL team, the Giants and from there was traded to Denver, a rival of my favorite AFL team the Raiders. He suck with the Giants, but led the Broncos to the Super Bowl. His memory is a vivid one for me.
Vivid for me too, Robert. Morton literally got out of a hospital bed to lead the Broncos to the AFC championship over the Raiders.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
RobertR said:
Vivid for me too, Robert. Morton literally got out of a hospital bed to lead the Broncos to the AFC championship over the Raiders.
I actually rooted for the hated Cowboys in that SB, where they destroyed him.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Robert Crawford said:
I actually rooted for the hated Cowboys in that SB, where they destroyed him.
I do not think I could ever root for the Cowboys. BTW, that Super Bowl V with Morton starting was the first Super Bowl I ever watched. Obviously Morton did not stick in my memory. About the only thing I remember is O'Brien's winning field goal.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Scott,Ahh, I remember that field goal too. When looking back at the first half dozen or so Super Bowls, I have a lot of fond memories for the time. The most difficult time I had rooting for either team in a Super Bowl was when the Cowboys played the Dolphins (VI) since I don't like either team very much.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Scott Merryfield said:
I do not think I could ever root for the Cowboys. BTW, that Super Bowl V with Morton starting was the first Super Bowl I ever watched. Obviously Morton did not stick in my memory. About the only thing I remember is O'Brien's winning field goal.
Then I could, not now as this was before the "Amerca's team" crap.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Some of CBS's field researchers should also inform Terry Bradshaw that the Superbowl is in NJ and that he will see the Seahawks and their staff/players in NJ not New York...

Jay

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Nathan_F said:
They're not allowed to say New Jersey. According to the NFL, NY extends all the way through the Meadowlands.
Yep, says so right on the NFL website -- New York Giants and New York Jets. ;) Of course, the only NFL team based in New York occasionally plays a home game in Canada. :blink:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Patrick_S said:
I'll be rooting for the Seahawks in the Super Bowl. I would just like to see a new team win it all this year.
Same here. Hopefully the Seahawks defense has Manning running for his life.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Re: Cowboys and Craig Morton. Living in Texas, I've followed the Cowboys off and on over the years. (Super Bowl V was the first championship game I watched - just like Scott.)

The point of this being that one of the meanest things I read about Craig Morton was in Sports Illustrated after Dallas defeated Denver - "Craig Morton has finally won a Super Bowl for the Dallas Cowboys." :)

I won't be upset if Seattle wins, since spreading the wealth is a good thing in the NFL, but I'll be pulling for Denver because of Peyton Manning. The drive and work ethic it took to come back from multiple surgeries and to play at his level (at the age of 37) is worthy of being rewarded with a Super Bowl win.

I never held the "America's Team" moniker against the Boys since it wasn't started by them. Now on the other hand, if you want to hate the Boys because of their owner - be my guest. :)

- Walter.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I was kind of annoyed that my kid's playoff game was scheduled for 3pm Sunday, but now I'm glad. :) He singlehandedly saved his team from an early exit (almost literally -- the rest of the kids went stone-cold, shooting a combined 1-for-38!). He had two steals and hit 4 free throws in the final 20 seconds to pull out a come-from-behind 1-point win. My very own Reggie Miller to take my mind off the Pats. . .

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Walter Kittel said:
Re: Cowboys and Craig Morton. Living in Texas, I've followed the Cowboys off and on over the years. (Super Bowl V was the first championship game I watched - just like Scott.)

The point of this being that one of the meanest things I read about Craig Morton was in Sports Illustrated after Dallas defeated Denver - "Craig Morton has finally won a Super Bowl for the Dallas Cowboys." :)

I won't be upset if Seattle wins, since spreading the wealth is a good thing in the NFL, but I'll be pulling for Denver because of Peyton Manning. The drive and work ethic it took to come back from multiple surgeries and to play at his level (at the age of 37) is worthy of being rewarded with a Super Bowl win.

I never held the "America's Team" moniker against the Boys since it wasn't started by them. Now on the other hand, if you want to hate the Boys because of their owner - be my guest. :)

- Walter.
I've hated the Cowboys long before I heard of the name Jerry Jones. Matter of fact, for the most part, Jerry Jones is the best thing that has happen to Cowboy Haters.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Robert Crawford said:
I've hated the Cowboys long before I heard of the name Jerry Jones. Matter of fact, for the most part, Jerry Jones is the best thing that has happen to Cowboy Haters.
Same here. I disliked the Cowboys, even in that Super Bowl V. I have enjoyed the Jerry Jones era immensely.
Sumnernor said:
The worst owner is the owner of Washington - he makes Jerry Jones seem good
Please, do not even talk to me about the worst owner. William Clay Ford, Sr. of the Lions wins that in a cakewalk. Fifty years of ownership, one playoff win, promotes the entire front office staff after the league's only 0-16 season, and I could list a lot more "qualifications". Only reason he owns the team is because his name is "Ford" and the family bought him the team as a toy to keep him out of the automotive business. No one, in the history of any North American sport, can compete with his incompetence. The Bidwells with the Cardinals came close, but blew it when the franchise made it to a Super Bowl a few years ago.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Seahawks/49ers game was great. Could have gone either way right up until the final few seconds.

Rarely have trouble with Dish Network, but of all times to have to technical glitch, we missed the last two minutes of the 3rd quarter and the first six of the fourth, missing a Seahawks touchdown and some major plays.

But in the end, it all came down to those final 22 seconds. 49ers could have tied, possibly made the field goal and won. Instead, one major interception and game over....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks