2013 MLB Season (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
Okay, Mike. Give him back to us NOW.
Maybe after a fashion...
Ockeghem said:
Mike,I like the first one, since it rhymes. But Lester and Nor'easter? Nah. ;)
That's harsh from someone who didn't even give it the ol' college try...and, I would think, should know a little something about literary license. :eek:

:rock:

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mike Frezon said:
That's harsh from someone who didn't even give it the ol' college try...and, I would think, should know a little something about literary license. :eek:

:rock:
Mike,Well, I did like the first one. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm pretty torn up after watching the video of J.A. Happ getting hit in the head tonight. It wouldn't be a bad idea to keep him in your prayers.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
I'm pretty torn up after watching the video of J.A. Happ getting hit in the head tonight. It wouldn't be a bad idea to keep him in your prayers.
For sure. I was watching that Yankee/Red Sox game when Bryce Florie took the comebacker to the face. Wikipedia tells me that was in 2000 (my son was only ten and the batter was Ryan Thompson). I had to look up those facts...but I'll never forget the horror of the moment.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It looks like he's going to be okay. He's already been released. The scary thing was the blood from his ear, but it looks like that's an ear laceration. There was a contusion, but apparently no fracturing like Brandon McCarthy suffered last year.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What? A home run is hit in tonight's Oakland/Cleveland game and instant replay confirms it really isn't a HR? :eek:

I'm shocked.

Of course, the shot was called a double on the field and the four umpires said, as far as they were concerned, there was not irrefutable evidence to show that it was a homerun. Except of course that the instant replay showed it clearly. :blink:

Instant replay should never have been allowed in major league baseball.

Elect Mike Frezon commissioner of baseball and replay will be removed, along with the DH and interleague play.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike Frezon said:
What? A home run is hit in tonight's Oakland/Cleveland game and instant replay confirms it really isn't a HR? :eek:

I'm shocked.

Of course, the shot was called a double on the field and the four umpires said, as far as they were concerned, there was not irrefutable evidence to show that it was a homerun. Except of course that the instant replay showed it clearly. :blink:

Instant replay should never have been allowed in major league baseball.

Elect Mike Frezon commissioner of baseball and replay will be removed, along with the DH and interleague play.
Here's hoping you keep your day job. I don't want pitchers hitting, too much money invested in the good ones for them to be have a bat in their hands.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
Here's hoping you keep your day job. I don't want pitchers hitting, too much money invested in the good ones for them to be have a bat in their hands.
1.) I'm pretty close to getting the position. :biggrin:

2.) Bah! Pitchers are all good athletes and most of 'em can hit (or should be able to!). Joe Girardi tonight even had his pitcher batting 8th against the Rockies. I have great childhood memories of Catfish Hunter slugging double after double when he was on the Athletics.

The thing that worries me is about how many ballplayers have gone on the DL already this season. First the Yankees are decimated by injury, the Red Sox are starting to catch up and ballplayers just seem mighty susceptible now to injuries which cause them to take extended breaks from the game. I don't think they're dogging it...but I wonder what it is that seems to be raising the number of players getting hurt. Or maybe I'm just not remembering that it's always been this bad.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm about over the DH and ready to say its time for the only professional sports baseball league that doesn't use it should use it.Just saw the replay on MLB network and that ball was clearly three feet over the yellow line.Hernandez is one of the terrible umps in baseball.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
TonyD said:
I'm about over the DH and ready to say its time for the only professional sports baseball league that doesn't use it should use it.Just saw the replay on MLB network and that ball was clearly three feet over the yellow line.Hernandez is one of the terrible umps in baseball.
It's not just the professional baseball teams as I think high school and college use the DH too. It's time for the NL to convert over to it.

Is Angel Hernandez a crew chief? If so then somebody in MLB needs to be fired as he's one of the worse umpires in baseball.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
Is Angel Hernandez a crew chief? If so then somebody in MLB needs to be fired as he's one of the worse umpires in baseball.
Get behind my candidacy, Robert, and I can make this happen for you. :biggrin:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike Frezon said:
Get behind my candidacy, Robert, and I can make this happen for you. :biggrin:
It's quite sad that the same crappy umpire are involved in almost every controversial call in MLB. You would think, MLB would get tired of those same crappy umpires bringing down the integrity of their sport.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You would think.

I would've thought MLB would have more say on such matters since they went through that umpire union restructuring a number of years ago (that left Richie Phillips unemployed).

The apparent behavior of that umpire in the James Shields incident a couple weeks ago was shameful.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Stupid question: what would happen if a successful batter held onto his bat all the way to base? Has it been done?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have never seen it happen but I believe he would be called out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.