What's new

2013 MLB Season (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I bet he gets suspended too.I'm not a fan of the rules on suspensions when pitcher hit a batter.This time it was clearly an accident and he may have been trying to go inside he had a 1 run lead and no outs, surely doesn't want a base runner.Greinke will get a suspension just because he needed to defend himself from the lunatic who came running at him.Quentin intigated the fight simpy by running out to fight.I think there should be rules like hocky when it comes to these brawls and The first off the bench should be heavily suspended and fined.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Walter C said:
Seeing Mutley laughing there, I can't help but think the Angels are being run by the likes of Dick Dastardly, thinking he has this big, foolproof plan to win it all with the 2 big free-agent signings, only that it will backfire in a big way. :D
I think the Texas fans went a little overboard in their reception of Josh (and I'm afraid it will continue a long time--they still rank A-Rod out every time), but it's funny that the Angels fans are already complaining about his performance. Yeah, he admitted to taking off last June and July, and he ended the year the same way. That's the main reason we were all pissed. That, and going to a division rival, and sniping at the fanbase.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Dennis Nicholls said:
So are the Padres and Dodgers going to move to the NHL?
I'm not sure what that means.

I'm saying that these guys all running on the field is ridiculous
and unnecessary and causes more injuries.

Eliminate it by giving them suspensions and fines as soon as someone runs on the field.
Throw out whoever comes off the bench.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That's why Quinten has been hit more then anyone last few years. He is right up on the plate and dives into the pitch.Chase Utley has been hit nearly as much and has never charged the mound.I think I read that no one charged he mound the entire season last year.Anyway, got my first look at Miami tonight and that is a disgrace.Build a new stadium and put that pathetic team on the field.Their losing 140 games this year.Mets catcher Buck had four more RBI's tonight.Zimmerman on the Nats has said his arm is not hurt anymore but something is wrong. He cannot throw the ballAnd his error tonight lost the game for them.I was wrong about Greinke, no suspension for him but I wonder if he didn't get hurt....8 games for Carlos.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, the A's are looking unstoppable right now. Nine game winning streak. I hope they cool off before they face the Rangers next month, and that the Rangers can stay close by maybe putting together a streak or two of their own. So far, it's a bit of a repeat of last season: winning a lot of series, but unable to sweep and get a streak going.

The funniest thing was an Angel fan commenting after the loss to Houston. "See, A's fans? You didn't beat us because you're good. You beat us because we suck!" Wait, what? /smdh, as the kids type.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Thank you, Marlins, for actually winning a game that I attended. That was the first time since 1993!!! And in walk-off fashion, to boot.

My son was getting really frustrated by always seeing them lose.

Incidentally, the new stadium is great, especially when your seats are directly under the A/C vents. Refreshing!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yes. Players now can take up to three days off after the birth of their baby.Started two or three years ago.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I didn't know, I hadn't seen it before. Well, good for him! :) The ring of how it sounds didn't bring that immediately to mind ;)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
So, Mike, how you liking Napoli so far? :D I like how he fits in and is right in the middle of things everywhere he goes. Towards the end of his run in Texas, he even had a local pizza joint letting him manage the place some nights. :laugh: I'm going to try to be at the first Sox game in a week or two and I imagine he'll get a hero's welcome.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm liking a lot of things about this Red Sox team so far...the pitching, especially. But, without a doubt, Napoli has been a pleasant addition.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
If Dempster can pitch relatively well (he currently leads the team in strikeouts) and Lackey can pitch close to how he pitched for the Angels, this could be a formidable rotation for the Hose.

At the beginning of the year, I tried to come up with a version of the famous "Spahn and Sain and pray for rain" relative to the Red Sox rotation (after Lester and Buchholz), but had difficulty finding a word that rhymed with either Dempster, Doubront, or Aceves. ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Buchholz and Lester...and forget the rest-er??? :biggrin:

Honestly, I agree that any such sayings are unnecessary the way things are going so far this year.

To go back to Greg's question...Napoli has already set the club record for most RBIs ever recorded in the month of April. Strangely the prior holder of that record was Jose Offerman in 1999 (the year of the famed "phantom tag").

Buchholz and Lester and hope for a Nor'easter??? :laugh:

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mike Frezon said:
Buchholz and Lester...and forget the rest-er??? :biggrin:

Honestly, I agree that any such sayings are unnecessary the way things are going so far this year.

To go back to Greg's question...Napoli has already set the club record for most RBIs ever recorded in the month of April. Strangely the prior holder of that record was Jose Offerman in 1999 (the year of the famed "phantom tag").

Buchholz and Lester and hope for a Nor'easter??? :laugh:
Mike,I like the first one, since it rhymes. But Lester and Nor'easter? Nah. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.