What's new

2012 MLB Regular Season and Post Season (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Weird game in Oakland last night. I could only "watch" via my Sportscenter app, but the Jays are so battered that they had to have their relief pitcher take bat in hand. Unfortunately, Oakland had yet another walk off win in the 15th.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
My bro Adrian Beltre has hit three home runs (so far!) tonight off of two different pitchers, two coming in the same inning. I wish I'd gone tonight.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ugh. Six games under .500 heading near the end of August.

Just horrible.

I mean...Seattle has pulled ahead of them in the Wild Card race. Seattle.

They have way too much talent to be as bad as they are. They oughta be ashamed of themselves.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Book it: In 2013, John Lackey throws a no-no and Carl Crawford hits for the cycle. Maybe in the same game.
Book it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman /t/319627/2012-mlb-regular-season/60#post_3965674
Book it: In 2013, John Lackey throws a no-no and Carl Crawford hits for the cycle. Maybe in the same game.
Book it.

But for what team?!?

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Just got back from a trip to the Midwest, and was able to attend 3 games there, including one ballpark for the first time ever.

I got to visit Miller Park in Milwaukee, going there for 2 games. I was running late to the first game, and ended up missing the first inning. But the bright side was getting to listen to Bob Ucker doing play-by-play for the 1st time, which was really interesting to hear for me, because growing up in the 80's, I always remember Ucker as that guy from Mr. Belvedere. Anyway, the roof was closed, which felt a bit suffocating. Contrast that with the second game that I went to, when the roof was open, and felt more nicer. Not a lot of people showing up, which is not surprising, considering both the Brewers and Cubs are out of the playoff picture a while back.

Also went to 1 game at Comiskey (yes, I still call it that) in the South Side of Chicago. My 2nd visit there, and what a great game between the Mariners and White Sox. The White Sox took a 7-2 lead into the 9th inning, until the M's scored 6 to take the lead. But then, the home team scored 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th, to win the game. Then fireworks.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
So, the first thing I see when I check my Twitter feed today is Brandon McCarthy cracking wise. I was relieved to see it, and it sure looks like a good sign to me.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
The Nationals just clinched a playoff spot, which will be their first since moving to DC. (Or since 1981, depending on how you look at it).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
'Grats, Nat's!

I'm not pleased with MLB's plans for next year. That's right, I'm already paying attention to 2013...

The Astros move to the AL...meaning 15 teams in each league. That means an odd number of teams in the two leagues.

So what do they plan to do? Have an interleague game every day!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks