Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Here's what I'm down for (bolded are must see):

Monday: How I Met Your Mother, Mike and Molly, The Playboy Club

Tuesday: Glee, Ringer, New Girl, Parenthood

Wednesday: Modern Family

Thursday: Charlie's Angels, Community, Parks and Recreation, The Office, Prime Suspect

Friday: Nikita, Chuck, Fringe

Sunday: Pan Am

I could probably be convinced to check out other shows, depending on early buzz.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Monday: I'll try Terra Nova and The Playboy Club Tuesday: I'll try Last Man Standing, Ringer (if it's that SMG show) and continue on with Parenthood Wednesday: Really, nothing. I may give X-Factor a look, but it ain't exactly my thing Thursday: I'll try Chuck's Angels and Persons of Interest, and I'll continue with Community Friday: Blue Bloods, Charles Carmichael, Fringe, and I might try Grimm Saturday: Nothing Sunday: If I'm trying Grimm, might as well try Once Upon a Time. Pan Am gets a look The one thing about this chart is it doesn't say when things are running. I know Chuck isn't until late in October (or, at least, I think). I don't know when any of the rest starts up. I'll also probably be adding at least a few cable shows (with The Walking Dead being a definite in October). I know people generally don't care what I will be watching, but I'm typing that up as a reference for myself. :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Not exactly a stellar year for me and the networks. Especially when you take into consideration that I only watch a number of these shows out of habit rather than any real interest. Sunday: The Simpsons Wednesday: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation Thursday: Community, Parks And Recreation, The Office Friday: Supernatual, Fringe When the new Charlie's Angels doubles or triples the ratings of Community and Park And Recreation (easily the best show on network TV), I'll know the end times are here. :) I'm sure I'll check out a few more things when reviews start coming out but as of now, the only new show that I want to see is Person Of Interest. Although I guess I'll take a look at Terra Nova. All in all, I'm so glad that cable channels exist.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
JeremyR said:
And I still, have as yet, to determine if I will survive going into a fall season without being able to stare at Erica Durance every week (sigh.. Smallville).
You might not have to. According to TV Line, Durance has been cast as a CIA operative with a romantic past with the new Bosley on the new "Charlie's Angels." Both "Smallville" and the new "Angels" were developed by Al Gough & Miles Millar.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
In terms of watching shows on network TV, only trying one new show, and wait and see for the others!

Sunday - The Amazing Race, The Simpsons, Family Guy (not sure how much longer, though)

Monday - Castle

Tuesday - Last Man Standing, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Body of Proof, Parenthood

Wednesday - CSI

Thursday - Community, The Big Bang Theory

Friday - Chuck, CSI: NY, Blue Bloods

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
For me:

Monday - Castle

Tuesday - Glee, NCIS, Body of Proof

Wednesday - Modern Family, Happy Endings

Thursday - Persons of Interest, The Office, The Mentalist

Friday - Bones, A Gifted Man, Fringe, Supernatural

Sunday - The Good Wife

I'll likely sample additionally The Playboy Club, Terra Nova, and Pan Am (and Smash and G.C.B. at midseason)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Out of the existing US cable/network shows, I'm interested in:

Animated series: American Dad!, The Cleveland Show, Family Guy and The Simpsons (The Simpsons moreso)

Non-animated series: American Horror Story, Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0, Law & Order: SVU, NCIS.

And of the new non-animated shows starting this season:

Pan-Am, Person of Interest, Revenge, Ringer, Unforgettable

and mid-season non-animated shows:

Awake, The Firm.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
While I would say straight away that Body of Proof will win the Tuesday night 10 pm timeslot easy, now that The Good Wife has been moved to Sunday nights, I'm not totally sure which way it will go tonight. Unforgettable (starring Poppy Montgomery) sounds intriguing.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I may just change my tune on checking out new shows, as I will check some of them out, based on reviews and this board.

This after having some good luck with new shows this summer, like Falling Skies, Suits, and Necessary Roughness. And still hoping for Against the Wall.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Well, based on TVbynumbers' final ratings Unforgettable soundly beat Body of Proof (14 million viewers for Unforgettable and just under 9.5 million viewers for Body of Proof). And no surprises with the 8 pm hour, NCIS getting just under 20 million viewers.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It obviously works for them, but I'm not the target audience. I'm pretty sure I don't watch a thing on CBS. Err, well I think I'm checking out Person of Interest, if it's that Ben Linus thing.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

C.B.S. = Cops, Bodies, Serial Killers

That seems be the subject of most of their shows these days.

Person of Interest did well in the 9 pm hour last night. Winning the hour and getting just over 13 million viewers (source: TVbynumbers).

Hopefully Blue Bloods will do well tonight.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The New Girl is our favorite new show so far.

I've quit Two and a Half Men after the pilot. I'd lost interest a year or two ago, and the change up with Kucher didn't do anything for me.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed Person of Interest and will be sticking around. Yes, strip away all of the artifice and it's just another CBS procedural. But I enjoyed the artifice, especially the way the show blurred the line between science fiction and science fact. The very paranoid, 1984-esque atmosphere really worked for me. And I've been a fan of James Caviezel since "Frequency" it was a shame the way Passion of the Christ derailed his career. His character is very much Batman without all of the theatrics. Where I sit with the new shows: Enjoyed/intrigued enough to stick around: Person of Interest (CBS) The Secret Circle (CW) Liked OK but won't be sticking around: 2 Broke Girls (CBS) Getting one more chance thanks only to timeslot and Zooey: New Girl Yet to Determine: Terra Nova (FOX) Suburgatory (ABC) Charlie's Angels (ABC) EDIT: Whoops!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I enjoyed Two Broke Girls, particularly the "high concept" ending :) It's got a Tivo season pass, and be good sitcom filler for a spare half hour of TV watching.

Didn't care a lot for Person of Interest. The first half felt very clunky, with too much clumsy narrative. And the "Minority Report" scenario is too far fetched to me in 2011; I couldn't suspend my disbelief. I liked Cavezial and Emerson, but the show around them wasn't working for me. Probably give it a few more episodes to see if it improves.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks