What's new

2011-2012 TV Schedule (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Apparently I don't watch anything on ABC these days. I guess Lost was the last for me. Oh lovely, five hours of "reality".

Modern Family is on my "get it on disc" someday; further postponed because my wife has no interest.

The rest of the new shows...I know nothing about. Except that Max's former Therapist is now making ends meet by fighting crime. I may give that a chance.

Anything here I should get on the Tivo schedule to try?

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
The trailer for "Awake" looks amazing. Thus, it will likely be cancelled before the end of the first season.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Modern Family" is one of the best half-hour comedies on TV right now. "The Middle" is perhaps the most underrated. I'll definitely stick with "Castle" next season, I'll probably stick with "Body of Proof", and I'll give "Once Upon a Time" and the "Charlie's Angels" reboot a shot.

So far the networks are going a good job of slimming down my TV viewing, since they've canceled quite a few shows I watch and greenlit very few new shows that I plan on trying.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Josh Dial

The trailer for "Awake" looks amazing. Thus, it will likely be cancelled before the end of the first season.

It probably won't make it back in the winter of 2012...

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
The only new show that I plan to check out is Last Man Standing, only because of Tim Allen. I hope it's good, since I used to enjoy watching Home Improvement back in the day.

The other new shows... I may just wait until they get second seasons, as I'm tired of watching them, only for them to get cancelled.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sometimes I wonder: if all of the people who are waiting to see if these shows make it to a season 2 committed, how many more of them would make it to a season 2?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yay for Nikita! Too bad for Hellcats. I think Mark Schwahn must has some really incriminating dirt on TPTB at the CW...

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

Sometimes I wonder: if all of the people who are waiting to see if these shows make it to a season 2 committed, how many more of them would make it to a season 2?

It ain't me. It sucks when a good show dies, but I know they wanted it to last and at least I got to see a bit. I'd like for The Unusuals to still be on, but I enjoyed the short ride. Terriers and Lights Out should have lasted for years, but each season told a complete story that I'm glad I didn't miss.

Now, if a show barely holds my interest and just looks like cancellation fodder, all bets are off. I dropped Flashforward and The Event early and if a show next season smells like a one season attempt to capture the Lost mystique, I'll be out really quickly. Terra Nova and the one with the guy living in two universes might fit this bill.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

I suspect that the number of people who specifically wait out the first season to see if a show survives into season 2 is very small compared to the normal viewership of a healthy show. Or: if a real effect, it would be a consistent problem for every new show, and shows still survive despite the S1 hold outs.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Unless you have a Nielsen box in your house, it probably doesn't matter.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The new 2011-2012 schedule is as follows:MONDAY
8:00-8:30 PM HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
8:30-9:00 PM 2 BROKE GIRLS (New)
9:00-9:30 PM TWO AND A HALF MEN
9:30-10:00 PM MIKE & MOLLY
10:00-11:00 PM HAWAII FIVE-0

TUESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM NCIS
9:00-10:00 PM NCIS: LOS ANGELES
10:00-11:00 PM UNFORGETTABLE (New)

WEDNESDAY
8:00-9:00 PM SURVIVOR: SOUTH PACIFIC
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMINAL MINDS
10:00-11:00 PM CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (New Time)

THURSDAY
8:00-8:30 PM THE BIG BANG THEORY
8:30-9:00 PM HOW TO BE A GENTLEMAN (New)
9:00-10:00 PM PERSON OF INTEREST (New)
10:00-11:00 PM THE MENTALIST

FRIDAY
8:00-9:00 PM A GIFTED MAN (New)
9:00-10:00 PM CSI: NY
10:00-11:00 PM BLUE BLOODS

SATURDAY
8:00-8:30 PM RULES OF ENGAGEMENT (New Time)
8:30-9:00 PM COMEDYTIME SATURDAY
9:00-10:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS MYSTERY

SUNDAY
7:00-8:00 PM 60 MINUTES
8:00-9:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE
9:00-10:00 PM THE GOOD WIFE (New Time)
10:00-11:00 PM CSI: MIAMI

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Crap. Now The Good Wife is subject to Football problems. Does CBS hate its best drama? Or does following Amazing Race help it?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The downside of football meaning I'll have to record the hour after Good Wife as well is more than balanced out by the fact that it makes Tuesdays at 10 PM a little less brutal. This scheduling change increases the likelihood I'll stick with Body of Proof significantly.

I'll also stick with How I Met Your Mother to the brutal end, and I'll give Person of Interest a try. That looks like it'll be it for me from CBS. I know a couple people here will be really happy Blue Bloods survived, though.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Saturday at 8pm? That's quite the step down from Thursday at 8:30. I can't tell if CBS loves or hates Rules of Engagement. It must be somewhat inexpensive to produce considering it's just cannon fodder for the fall.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

The downside of football meaning I'll have to record the hour after Good Wife as well is more than balanced out by the fact that it makes Tuesdays at 10 PM a little less brutal. This scheduling change increases the likelihood I'll stick with Body of Proof significantly.

Three shows, same time partly drove us to two Tivos. And is part of why I'm contemplating a four-tuner HTPC this Fall. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So CBS is sunsetting CSI:LV to Wednesday's 10-spot, it was time, I guess. I can't believe CSI: Miami is also coming back. Yeesh!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks