What's new

2010 Baseball Discussion (1 Viewer)

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
Where did ex-Yankees Johnny Damon, Chein-Ming Wang end up.

Is there a web-page of New arrivals (from ...) and departures (to ...)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Sumnernor

Where did ex-Yankees Johnny Damon, Chein-Ming Wang end up.

Is there a web-page of New arrivals (from ...) and departures (to ...)
Wang is on the Nationals. Damon is on the Tigers.

I use the Player Search page at MLB.com mlb.mlb.com/mlb/players/

After Opening Day, my four teams are 1-3. At least the Tigers won.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
And now I can root for Damon again. :) He went 2-5 with two RBIs yesterday in Detroit's come-from-behind win at Kansas City.

Mike,

Okay, I checked again and Buchholz is slated to pitch this Saturday at Kansas City. I can live with Beckett, Lester, Lackey, Wakefield, and Buchholz as my starting five. And I realize this is quite early, but I think I am going to like Beltre, Cameron, and Scutaro in the lineup. They bring some punch, but are also quite good defensively, which is why they were brought here.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think I might become a big Adrian Beltre fan. I saw two defensive plays he made in spring training that just amazed me. I had heard good things about his field work...but had never seen it with my own eyes. Wow.

And, based on Sunday night's game, he seems to know how to hit in the clutch.

Out of those six Red Sox starters, Lester is the only one I can think of who hasn't had a physical injury which has put him on the DL for an extended period of time. He's just had to deal with cancer is all...

Beckett's had back & elbow injuries, Wake's back problems are the stuff of legend, Lackey's had various injuries--including a strained triceps. You never know what's up with Daisuke. And, I knew Buchholz missed several games in '08 after the no-hitter in his late season call-up in '07. It was for a torn fingernail and they just kept him down for several weeks to work on his stuff.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Lester is a slow starter (both in games and in the season). I hope he gets off to a good start this year (something like 5-1 or 6-2, rather than the inverse, would be nice). I'm really curious to see how Lackey will pitch in Fenway Park (as a member of the 'correct' team, that is).

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Another typical Opening Day start for Zambrano.
Oh the second base umpire should be ashamed of the call he made in the 6th. Hopefully he’ll just come clean and admit he blew that call by a mile.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ockeghem Hoyt Wilhelm pitched until he was 49, Phil Niekro 48.

Although something's jogging my memory banks that Wake and the Sox might've penned a two-year deal this past off-season.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mike,

True enough (that we could be regretting it later). And let's not forget what I said regarding the New York Yankees after they acquired M. Teixeira -- that they were going to win five consecutive World Series. I was laughed at, scoffed at, ridiculed, and nearly thrown off of the HTF at the time -- but as of now, they are 20% of the way there.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I'm still trying to decide which stadiums to visit this year, if any this year.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Me too, and I'm considering the games against the Mariners, as I hope to see Griffey.

Well, taking advantage of Extra Innings, I got to hear Dick Enberg do play-by-play for the Padres. Never heard him announce a baseball game. Almost as weird as hearing Vin Scully calling a football game (the '82 NFC championship game, which I caught on NFL Network).

And saw the Royals come back and beat the Tigers in the 11th.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Here we go, Mike. :)

The Red Sox somehow got to Greinke tonight. I figured that this would be a loss for certain (for Boston). They hit five home runs, including two on consecutive pitches off of Greinke. I hope Buchholz has a great outing in the rubber game of the series.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So of course i'm not happy that the Phils lost the series last year.
Making it worse is they lost to the Yankees.
This means that we will see the Yankees as the national game more then ever.
I think they have been the national game 4 times already this week.
It could even have been every game this week on a national broadcast.

BTW, my wife picked up tickets for a game this week for the first game.
Unfortunately it is the first night game, which happens to be the second home game.

She decided not to get tix to the home opener because the giveaway was better, a t-shirt for the game we have, the opener was a pennant.

Anyway I didn't have the heart to explain to her that the Pennant would be better then the crappy grey generic shirt not to mention the Home Opener is actually a very big deal to go to.
sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks