What's new

2009 Tv on DVD Predictions (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes

I will be buying less DVDs also, but it won't be because of a lack of what's being offered. (You never know when a Classic TV Show will suddenly come out on DVD!). No, it will be because by the end of this year I will have between 7,500 and 8,000 Hours of TV Shows, along with over 400 Movies and over 400 Serial Chapters waiting for me to watch them. At the rate I watch TV I figure it will take me almost eight YEARS to watch them all, so I'll be pretty content for a while!:D

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
updated my list on page 1 as The Collector, Matlock Law & Order and Becker have been announced since I last updated it

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richie
Regulus, you could start your own network!!!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Hoping (and not expecting):

More Survivor
More Amazing Race
More TJ Hooker
Queen of Swords

Have a few hopes:

More Fall Guy
Scarecrow and Mrs. King

But we never know for sure. Recently I picked up Riptide seasons 2 & 3 from VEI. I would never have expected to start (much less complete) Riptide and not TJ Hooker or Fall Guy, which I assume all had the same demographics.

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
My big hope is for Sony to release Huff Season 2 but as it's been so long I doubt it's every going to come now. :frowning:

Also I want more Melrose Place - what's going on with this? I need more seasons!!!!!!!

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing

I know what you mean I've pretty much given up hope on Boomtown - season 2 and Poltergeist: The Legacy - Season 2

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I, actually, talked to someone at Sony recently. He was very nice and willing to answer questions. He told me that they receive many requests for classic tv shows and that they are planning to sell them online on a custom basis. Meaning, he said, "you'll be able to go online and buy episodes of The Jeffersons". I believe he is talking about the burn-on-demand deal but he said it won't happen in the next six months. They are working on it. It sounds promising but the lack of releases has made me lose a lot of interest in continuing my collection. Hey, if it's not out there, you can't buy it. So if they are slowing down releases until they unleash this project, then there's nothing else to do but not buy tv-on-dvd for a while.

Real Name
Ryan

My prediction too. The only TV-DVDs I want next year are M.A.N.T.I.S. - The Complete Series and the next SpongeBob split-season DVD.

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
I think for now I'm going to focus on filling the gaps in my collection with what's already out there and not hope for anything to get a release. I'll make sure to pre-order the second seasons of KNOTS LANDING and EVERWOOD as soon as possible but otherwise, I think I'll turn to shows I've been wanting for ages and that are out there, such as SEINFELD and FELICITY which I still haven't got around to buying.

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
I wish Buena Vista (or whoever it is now) would re-issue shows like Felicity and Popular in smaller packaging (using thinpaks) at a cheaper price. They are both series I'd like to get but they are never discounted and are just too expensive, still! When studios like Warner manage to get seven seasons of Gilmore Girls out at collectable prices there's really no excuse.
I agree about Knot's and Everwood though, I'll be pre-ordering asap! :emoji_thumbsup:

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H

I don't like that idea. I'd rather stick with the tried and true method of full season being available at retailers. What would burn ond emand mean for artwork and extras? Probably none. Probably the only episodes available would be without music because they wouldn't want to go through the trouble of clearing music for episodes that are on an on demand basis.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I know. I thought about that too. But, right now, I'm willing to take this new method since Sony isn't releasing much of anything. Nothing has been announced. If it's a matter of not getting anything or getting some episodes that we might never see commercially-released, I will take the episodes. But, I agree, I would prefer Sony go back to releasing a new classic show on dvd every other week like they were doing a few years ago.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
It's hard to predict what will come out. I have a list of 31 unreleased shows. Of those, these are the ones I think are most likely to see a release:
1. Barnaby Jones
2. Vega$
3. Matt Houston
4. New York Undercover
5. The Rifleman (supposedly coming as a Complete Series)

Of the ones released I want, here are the ones I expect to see more of:
Adam 12 (hopefully if Season 2 does well)
Bewitched (hopefully will be finished in 09)
CHiPs
Friday The 13th: The Series (hopefully if Season 1 does well)
Hawaii Five-O (I can expect another 3 seasons released in 09)
Married With Children (I can expect to finally see finished)
Simon & Simon (we're finally getting Season 2, hopefully more then that next year)

We're already getting the last season of The Invaders next year and hopefully the last season of Sliders will be released as well.

Duane Alford

Second Unit

They just announced Season 5 of Emergency. Since Universal only seems to want to release one season per year, it'll be 2011 before it's done, providing they release the movies that made up the "7th season".

Duane Alford

Second Unit

I agree. On my list of 31 unreleased shows, I only listed 5 as the most likely to see a release. But in all honesty, I don't even expect to see those.

Duane Alford

Second Unit

I agree. You would think this would be a no brainer, and although it was two seasons, there was only 24 episodes, so it could be released in one set. yet, still nothing.

I loved a lot of the shows that came on Fox on Sundays after Married With Children. There was Charlie Hoover (with Sam Kinison), the two Married With Children spinoffs, Top Of The Heap and Vinnie & Bobby (both starring Matt LeBlanc), Herman's Head (which has had a LOT of votes), and The George Carlin Show. There was also Daddy Dearest (with Richard Lewis & Don Rickles) and Monty (with Henry Winkler, China Kantner, and David Schwimmer). But the way things look, I don't expect any of them to be released.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes

What? They released Seasons 6 and "7" of Emergency! Seven Years Ago!:laugh:

Season 6 of Walker: Texas Ranger & Season 8 of The Waltons will come out in January, I'm pretty confident those series will be completed.:emoji_thumbsup:

_william_

Grip
Green Acres
Mr. Ed
The Jack Benny Program or at least the specials
Max Headroom
Wizards and Warriors
The Outer Limits (90's) and maybe another rerelease of the 60s :)
A Man Called Sloane
It's Your Move
Woops!
Herman's Head
Flying Blind
Mr Terrific/ Captain Nice
That's Hollywood
Hollywood Palace

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Just give me the last 2 seasons of the original Mission: Impossible & the 2 seasons of ABC's Mission: Impossible & I'll die a happy man.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks