What's new

2009 TRACK THE TV EPISODES YOU WATCH (2 Viewers)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Brian,

Yeah, me too. I decided I could not devote the time to it, as other projects are very time-consuming. But I applaud those who can keep this up for an entire year. I think I enjoy reading the thread more than I do posting in it regularly. Sorry that that was not much help in trying to convince you to continue. ;)

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
7 Jan 2009
15. Dark Shadows: Episode 191 (20 Mar 1967) :star: :star: :star: :star: And the Laura Collins storyline comes to a fiery climax.

My tally.

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator
It is alot of work, but you get to see what other people are watching and their opinions. You might find some shows you would like to watch, while helping others decide on shows too!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

I guess this has always been a problem with TV threads like this .. not enough feedback or discussion (unlike in the movie thread). But there's not always all that much to say or add. I agree with Kenneth V - I enjoy reading what others are watching regularly, even if I may not comment on their views. So Brian, don't give up --- I am particularly interested in your case in seeing which episode you find less than "Good" or "Very Good"!

If someone has something to comment on, I'm sure they will. But I like the idea that, at least by everyone coming here every day to post "new", at least it keeps the thread afloat on the first page and it doesn't get buried.

Speaking for myself, I even enjoy just logging my own shows here for my own benefit so I can refer back to it in the future and see what I've watched, and when. Maybe I can even try and beat my record each year and inspire myself to get more things watched.

DavidHAN

Agent
To log or not to log, that is the question?

I keep a spiral notebook of watched shows. I have so many that to not keep track gets frustrating trying to figure out what I've seen on a disc. Especially when a show has been left off in the middle of the season, for whatever reason, of which there are many.

I also have a little sheet that I keep with each set that helps track where it was left off. Of course, I still have to remember to note what is watched, usually with just the episode number. Here is what it looks like.
TV Show Tracker.jpg
So, log or not, enjoy your TV watching.

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator

I do the same thing! I did the challenge the last 2 years and found that doing by seasons was a little harder than episodes. Last year I made a goal to watch 730 episodes. That comes out to 2 episodes per day. I ended up over my goal with a total of 866 episodes watched! That's why I found this thread so appealing, it's by episodes watched!

I agree that it's a ton of work, but worth it to see what people are watching. I think there needs to be more discussions about shows though, that's what will keep this thread alive.

Happy viewing!

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
01/08 The Jeffersons -- Jefferson vs. Jefferson
01/08 It's Your Move -- Love Letters
01/08 All in the Family -- No Smoking
01/08 All in the Family -- Archie and the Miracle
01/08 The Simpsons -- Black Widower
01/08 The Simpsons -- The Otto Show
01/08 Adam-12 -- Elegy for a Pig
01/08 Bob Newhart Show -- Blues for Mr. Borden

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Tim,

That's a wonderful story line. I just finished episodes #51, #52, and #53. These are the episodes including the scene where Bill Malloy has been found dead and following. Talk about a great mystery. :emoji_thumbsup:

There is one line spoken by Matthew Morgan to Elizabeth Stoddard that has piqued my curiosity for many years. In this line, the murderer of Bill Malloy is revealed several episodes (weeks?) in advance of when viewers generally find out who did it. Maybe we can discuss it one day.

In the Laura Collins fiery climax episode, the books I have on the series say that that was quite a complicated shot (requiring more than the normal amount of cameras) for the time (1967). I think the Phoenix story line is one of the very best, and doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
1/08

LOVE AMERICAN STYLE - "Love and the Big Leap/Love and the Good Deal/Love and the Former Marriage*"

*(Interestingly, the last segment featured a young Harrison Ford. A pleasant surprise).

brian_hassel

Agent
Real Name
Brian Hassel
Alright I'll commit to 1 more week and see how it goes.

1/8/2009
1. Transformers Animated: Mission Accomplished (S2; Ep3) (Good)
2. Babylon 5: The Gathering (Pilot Movie) (Very Good)
3. Babylon 5: Midnight on the Firing Line (S1; Ep1) (Very Good)
4. Xena: The Furies (S3; Ep1) (Good)
5. Mad Men: Babylon (S1; Ep6) (Very Good)
6. Surface: Episode 109 (Very Good)
7. Mary Tyler Moore: A Friend in Deed (S1; Ep22) (Good)

1/9/2009
1. Transformers Animated: Garbage In, Garbage Out (S2; Ep4) (Fair)
2. Babylon 5: Soul Hunter (S1; Ep2) (Very Good)

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
OK, so I watched three more FARSCAPE episodes last night...and they were brilliant! I'm slowly but surely becoming addicted to this show.

Regarding this thread, it's the first year that I participate in this kind of log, and I have to say I'm enjoying it so far. I think it works better that way for me than the yearly challenge thing would have, because knowing perfectly well I would never be able to watch every single TV DVD in my collection in one year, I always refused to get into it. This I think, is more playful in a way, it doesn't have the "let's see who can watch more stuff in a year" competitive aspect about it, and it also tells us about each other's watching habits. For instance, I have noticed that quite a few people juggle several shows at a time, while others like myself or Aryn Leroux prefer to do one show at a time before moving on to another. It's really a great read, and I'll probably be both glad and horrified by the end of the year to see how much time I have spent in front of my TV in 2009.

I have elected not to give ratings though. I have a tendency to be too generous with shows I like and find positive aspects in even the poorest episodes, so I'm pretty sure rating them would be pretty pointless for me.

Mr. Film

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keegan
I can't remember each episode that I watch, but I can lay out a list of current on the air shows that I watch.

Chuck, The Big Bang Theory, House, How I met your Mother, Gary Unmarried, Family Guy, South Park, The Mentalist, Phych

I also always try to be watching a TV show series on Hulu. Right now I'm watching The Tick.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Like Kenneth, I also enjoy reading other people's lists, as I like to get a feel of other people's daily TV habits, especially those who keep up with a lot of shows. At times, I had crazy stats like "Most number of 1-hour episodes watched overall".

Plus it is fun making a list of episodes watched, and see how much of my time is wasted on watching TV.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

You and me both, although for me, I get entertained pretty easily, and I'm a lousy critic.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
This is the first time I have listed the dvds I watch. It will be interesting to see what shows I watch compared the other's tastes. I did not watch any dvds last night as I had a plumbing emergency. Water started backing up in the kitchen sink. My apartment maintenance dept came over and ran a snake down the pipes. Took about 2 hours to loosen up the clog. It was in the main pipe so it could have been from the upstair apartment. What fun

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
8 Jan 2009
16. Dark Shadows: Episode 192 (21 Mar 1967) :star: :star: :star:

My tally.

Once this week is over, I hope to be able to pick up the pace again. I've also been going through the 1940-42 Three Stooges Collection, but, of course, I can't count those here. :D
Scott, I was just thinking the same thing. After the Laura Collins story finished, Dark Shadows was never quite so original again. The Phoenix was a true sui generis creation. After Barnabas arrived, the show made a turn into traditional horror, with all its rules and expectations. Eventually, I think those rules straitjacketed the show's writers.

It was an impressive production for daytime television, what with all the in-studio fires and superimposed video fire effects. Certainly the most complicated episode they had attempted up to that time.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I have been watching the final season of Babylon 5 this week. However I am finding this season to be pretty weak so far. I loved the first 4 seasons. It just seems to me almost all the storylines were resolved at the end of Season 4. So I am finding it tuff to get into this season. So much so that i decided to take a break midway through watching the season here. Something i rarely do, I like to finish a season before starting another. But i needed a break for something more fun.

So break out Charlie's Angels Season 3. One of my unwatched sets i have stacked up. Probably another 15 or so to get to. Watching the 2 part season premiere Angels in Vegas was good fun. An interesting bit at the conclusion of part 2, Robert Urich made a cameo appearance as Dan Tanna. Now i crave Vega$ on DVD even more than i allready do. It is also time for Sony to announce Season 4 of the Angels. Don't you think ?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Tim,

Excellent points. I love the Barnabas episodes, but I think your 'straightjacketed' comment is spot on. And I believe that Sproat, Swift, et al. might agree with this to a degree. Of course, for my own part it's relative. In other words, I would rather watch even the worst of Dark Shadows than (e.g.) the best of a lesser series.

I have mentioned before that I am really into kinescopes. Sometimes, I will pop in a VHS tape of a kinescoped episode because the ambience of the episode on tape is much richer (read: authentic in an Ebert 'timelessness'-like way and far more creepier) than is a crystallized, cleaned-up version that has been made for DVD.

Kenneth V

Stunt Coordinator

I agree! Count the Stooges in your lists! I was planning on doing that when I start watching them.

By the way....Volume 5 comes out March 17th ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks