What's new

2008 MLB Thread (2 Viewers)

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
This must be MLB in Bizarro World. :D

The Devil Rays and Orioles are tied for first place in the AL East. And their next game will be against each other, for sole possession.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Nats new stadium is very nice. I approve. Been there for two games so far this season. Big thumbs up.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A big difference between Zito's 126M and Pavano's 40M contract. Also, Kevin Brown had some productive years with the Dodgers during the length of his contract while Zito is looking right now to be unproductive in the first two years of his deal, but there is a small chance about the remaining five years.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nevertheless, Carl Pavano and Kevin Brown come to mind...

I was thinking, of course, about their combined lack of productivity during their later years with the Yankees. Big signings, no dividends.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
No doubt you were thinking of their connection to the Yankees except the Yankees saved money trading for Brown by unloading Weaver to the Dodgers in return due to Weaver having a longer contractural obligation and the Dodgers paying some of Brown's contract.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yet, no matter what you say...for me, Carl Pavano and Kevin Brown still come to mind when I think of bad contracts for teams...

Probably because the Yanks still made out horribly on the Brown experience (no matter what they might have "saved" on the transaction). They ate a lot of dirt with him.

Kei Igawa comes to mind too. But he's still got a lot of pitches to throw under his contract. He may still turn out to be better than currently considered.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Apparently, Pavano & Brown came to Heyman's mind, too. ;)

And, Julio Lugo! :laugh: The Sox sure have had a tough time getting a good shortstop the last several years. Well, actually, they've had some good ones--just not any who could be good while they were in Boston! :D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If Zito doesn't turn it around, his deal along with Hampton will be the two worst deals because of the amount of money and lack of production from the both of them.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

If that's the case re: Zito (and, frankly, I think that's still a pretty big "if" at the moment), I think that's an easy slam dunk of a statement.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Is Jim Edmonds' career (and .178 average this year) done after being released by the Padres today?

Could David Wells still have a career? He seems to think so.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
wow, according to Fox, that 1st inning pitch that Matsui hit right back at Bonderman up the middle was 103mph :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks