What's new

2008 MLB Thread (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I'll take credit for that win. I have 3 Tigers hitters on my fantasy team and I sat them yesterday.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member

Actually, the Tigers cannot point to injuries at all.

Granderson's replacement has actually put up comparable (or better) numbers than CG. Their problem is atrocious starting pitching and absolutely no production from Sheffield, Ordonez, Jones, Thames, and Cabrera.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't even begin to understand the Sox Jersey/Yankee Stadium story. What a bunch of nonsense.

I can't believe the Yankee organization even bothered to acknowledge the story...let alone go ahead and dig the darn thing up! Crazyness.

OTOH, saw that Baseball America has ranked the Sox Farm organization as 2nd in the majors this year behind Tampa Bay. I'm telling you, the Rays look pretty good considering their investment.

LewB

Screenwriter
Supposedly the guy who did it is from the Bronx :eek:
I saw an interview with Randy Levine (Yanks Prez.), he was WAY too serious about this for me. It was a prank, get over it.
I heard the jersey is being sent to Boston to be auctioned off to raise $ for the Jimmy fund. :emoji_thumbsup:

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham

I don't know which is funnier: the fact that a Red Sox fan buried an Ortiz jersey in the foundation at the new Yankee Stadium, or the fact that Yankee ownership spent approximately $50,000 to dig it up (on a weekend, no less).

Hank Steinbrenner, you may deny the existence of Red Sox Nation, but we are everywhere! Even in the Bronx!

LewB

Screenwriter
One more thought on the 'jersey in the concrete' ...
I think the Yanks should consider themselves fortunate that there wasn't a body in the jersey. This is after all, a concrete job in NYC ;);)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
We royals fans get to feel good this year; pitching has been fantastic, with Grienke turning into the pitcher everyone thought he'd be out of the minor leagues; though we'll see if mentally he holds it together for a season.

We're not playoff contenders really, but it's good for the fans to have a team with clear signs of life, and damn, it's good to going back to a manager who will take risks and put pressures on.. finally I get to see a few steals in KC :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I gotta tell ya...the whole thing seems like it could only have been manufactured by the two teams to drum up interest in their "rivalry." Of course we know that they wouldn't do that because they don't need to. As Cindy Adams would write: "Only in NY, kids. Only in NY."

Almost harkens back to the supposed trade of DiMaggio for Williams until the two owners (Yawkey & MacPhail) woke up with hangovers the next morning and decided better of it! :D

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham

How could there have been a trade, Mike? Dom DiMaggio and Ted Williams played for the same team. :)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe how our 136 million dollar man (Soriano) has turned into a china doll after signing for the big bucks. He had two significant leg injuries last year (a hamstring and a quad), and in tonight's game he pulled his calf after doing his asinine "hop" prior to catching a routine fly ball.

He has lost virtually all of his speed and base stealing ability, and now will likely be headed to the DL. It's looking more and more like he has been on the juice. It's just inexplicable for these guys to be pulling muscles making routine plays.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
It was learned today that Miguel Tejada is two years older than everyone thought. We'll see whether the Astros rip up his contract.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks