What's new

2008 DVD Wish List (1 Viewer)

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
I wish Disney would release some of the Muppet TV specials they are sitting on. Things like...

Hey Cinderella!
The Frog Prince
The Muppet Musicians of Bremen
John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together
The Muppets Go Hollywood
The Muppets Go to the Movies
The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show
Rocky Mountain Holiday with John Denver and the Muppets
(The Columbia disc of this goes for insane prices on eBay.)
The Tale of the Bunny Picnic
The Muppets at Walt Disney World
The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson

And that's only some of them. You'd think with how well The Muppet Show has been doing, they'd start to catch on...

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
My wishlist for 2008

Shows not released on DVD (officially):
* The Lucy Show (released in season sets)
* Dennis the Menace - 60s TV series (released in season sets)
* The Wonder Years (released in season sets)
* The Brady Brides (released in complete set)

Shows released but need to be finished:
* Green Acres (remaining seasons)
* Laverne & Shirley (remaining seasons)
* The Jeffersons (remaining seasons)
* Bewitched (remaining seasons)
* I Dream of Jeannie (the final season)
* Mork and Mindy (the final season)
* The Mary Tyler Moore Show (remaining seasons)
* The Bob Newhart Show (remaining seasons)
* Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. (remaining seasons)
* Here's Lucy (released in season sets)
* Mister Ed (released in season sets)
* All in the Family (remaining seasons)
* DuckTales (final volume)
* Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers (final volume)
* TaleSpin (final volume)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Here's my wish list....

THE SIMPSONS

I'm hoping we get 3 releases in 2008 since "The Simpsons" movie was released in lieu of the season 11 set. It's taking long enough as it is to collect this.

THE JEFFERSONS

I seriously hope Sony hasn't abandoned this show. The only way I've ever seen it is on DVD, so every release is completely new to me, and a joy to watch. Bring on the remaining 5 seasons!

THE OSBOURNES

It's a long shot, I know. But I would like for the remaining 2 seasons to be released. However, seeing how it's been about 5 years since "Osbournes 2 1/2" came out, the likelihood is pretty slim.

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS

It still irks me that they decided to split these seasons up after releasing 3 FULL season sets, but hey, I'll take it in any capacity I can. I'm anxiously looking forward to season 5, volume 2.

Real Name
Ryan

I think the reason why Seasons 4-5 are released as split sets is because it would be a good incentive for parents to buy season sets for their kids. Another factor could be that Paramount wants to get the newer seasons out quickly to the fans in some shape or form.

I read somewhere on the internet (can't remember the name of the site) that Season 5 - Volume 2 is not coming out in early 2008. That's the only news I'm aware of.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
TV
--
The Magician
Fresno
Frank's Place
It's Garry Shandling's Show
Bakersfield P.D.

Waiting for More Releases of:
All in the Family
McMillan and Wife
Mary Tyler Moore
Larry Sanders
Mad About You

Movies
-------
I don't purchase movies in the low-quality DVD format.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert

YES!!!! More Cagney & Lacey!!! Fox should definitely handle the release of the next season better than they did with the first set.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I would really love to see Season 1 of 1-800 Missing or Missing as often known as I own Season 2 and really want Season 1 and also Season 3

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Titles I wish for in 2008:

That Girl, final two seasons--SHOUT! was doing very well with releases on many items, yet seemingly slowed down somewhat in 2007. What happened? Hopefully, things will pick up with them this year!?

The Bill Cosby Show, final season--see aforementioned comment regarding SHOUT! I always liked THIS version more than I did his 1980s one. (YES, THAT ONE!!!)

The White Shadow, final season--a documentary based on the series was announced on the Season 2 DVD box set. However, that was now going on TWO YEARS AGO!!!! What's going on, Fox!?

The Huckleberry Hound Show, Volume 2--apparently, the first set was listed as Vol. 1. If so, where is Volume 2, Warner Bros.?

The Nanny--more Nanny!!! More Fine Fran, please!!!!!! :D I want ALL the episodes on THIS one!!!! So, Sony...what's up?

As for non-released titles:

Room 222--I know this is a Fox title--but I MUST hold out hope on THIS one!!!!! Too important a part of my early-life viewing experiences!

Players--this was, IMHO, one of the more innovative programs to air at the end of the 20th Century. I sure wish Universal would find a way to make THIS happen. Only one season on NBC, 1997-8; gone MUCH too soon. My old VHS tapes are aging!!!

The Hoop Life--1999-2000 Showtime Original Series which I had lots of fun watching. Maybe Viacom can do a one-season release on this one?

Batman--I am in with everyone else who wants THIS one on TV DVD. Nuff said.

The Green Hornet--see aforementioned Bat comment!!

The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.--Stephanie Powers' portrayal of April Dancer is yet another embodiment of the strong, spirited independent woman which began to emerge on TV by the mid-1960s. I must have this one!!! I am an April Dancer fan!!!! :D

Love On A Rooftop--this Judy Carne/Peter Duel sitcom aired on ABC for one season, 1966-7, and actually finished with higher ratings than That Girl, which debuted that year as well. In fact, ABC marketed these two shows together with Bewitched as part of a Thursday evening Triple Threat programing block, IIRC, with three principal female leads. Unfortunately, it was taken down after only one season. The next season, ABC repeated the same marketing pitch with Sally Field via The Flying Nun--habit and all ;) -- in place of Carne. Maybe SHOUT! can release this in a one-season offering as it did with All-American Girl?

As for movies:

Uptight--Jules Dassin's smoldering look at an inner-city Cleveland neighborhood in the aftermath of The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King's assassination in 1968. Great acting by all the actors involved--as well as the superb soundtrack from Booker T. and The M.G.'s. With the film's (and, sadly, the passing of Dr. King's) 40th anniversary approaching, maybe Paramount can do something about this one?????

The Swinger--one of my favorite all-time movies. Ann-Margeret kicks serious a** in this one!!!!!!! :D A must have.

I have more mentions to make, but I'll stop with these offerings at this time. :)

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
Leave it to Beaver Season 3
I Dream of Jeannie Season 5 final season
Bewitched Season 6
Three's a Croud Season 1 (follow up to "Three's Company)
The Ropers Season 1 ( follow up to "Three's Company)
The Lucy Show Season 1

-- I really hope that start remastering and making those by seasons like they have I Love Lucy because I am a HUGE Lucy fan and would enjoy seeing the Lucy Show also.

Plus, Possibly there are a few more DVD sets for 2008' that I would like to see that I can't think of off hand right at this very moment!

Brandy681

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
I just read what someone had mentioned earlier about "Here's Lucy".. I think it would be GREAT to make those also but I do think that they will come after "The Lucy Show" since it was more popular than "Here's Lucy although it could never top "I Love Lucy". I do think that "Here's Lucy will eventually be made though and I would defnitely buy that one also but probably after "The Lucy Show". I do personally own the 30 DVD Collection that contains all 30 released of "The Lucy Show to date, only 30 released so far, however un-remastered and I also on the "Best Of Here's Lucy" which looks great remastered. So it would be a treat to own all of the seasons of these as well. I am very pleased also with "The Lucy-Desi Movie Collection" that contains all 3 Lucy and Desi films as well as the Lucy Movie collection and hope that they continue to bring us more Lucille Ball DVD's because I so enjoy watching them.

TheGreatOz

Second Unit
Real Name
Rod
Have Gun Will Travel - Seasons 4, 5, 6

Gunsmoke - Seasons 1 thru 20 ~ Mega Set

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks