What's new

2007 NFL Off-Season Discussion Thread (Including Vick's troubles) (2 Viewers)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Yeah, only Lions fans are allowed to boo Joey! ;)

I'm rooting for Joey, too.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Wow, have no idea what thread to put this under, except it's bad news for any team.. but maybe good news for Atlanta

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3037175

Vick gets busted with Pot while on pre-sentencing probation, which can muck up his plea deal which occurs December 10. Dependant on his sentencing and the way it relates to the league, Vick may find himself released by Atlanta.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
No kidding. Smoking pot while under this huge spotlight is moronic. This will not help his sentencing or his subsequent NFL suspension.

If he's this stupid, I think the chances of him ever playing in the NFL again are very remote. What are the chances he will do something else really dumb between now and when he's eligible to play again?

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
You guys just don't understand. Where Vick comes from, smoking pot is a lifestyle, not a crime. Maybe he values the life of a plant in ways that are different from the rest of society? Hell, I can take you on tour down any number of back roads in the south and show you plenty of places where smoking pot is going on. It's all about who has the biggest blunt, it's a matter of pride and bragging rights.

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Damn this is funny.

That having been said, it was pointed out on SIRIUS NFL Radio today that it's likely he gets cut next year. If that's the case, he has another problem.. his NFL suspension will not start until he is signed with another team. You can't serve a suspension when you aren't signed. So, it will take some hellacious guts for a team to sign him, face public ridicule and then wait at least a season for him to play.

I have a feeling he's toast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks