What's new

2007 MLB Playoffs (Predictions and Discussion) (1 Viewer)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I wonder if the Rockies' strategy is to let Dice-K tire himself out by running the bases...or maybe they're trying to tire the entire Red Sox team out, all in the same inning? :crazy:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
If so, it appears to be about as effective a strategy as the Angels' "scoring runs by making outs".

Judging from the looks of this game so far... Man, I wish I'd bought some furniture back in April.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
In late March and early April, the Jordan's Furniture chain had a promotion where if you bought a sofa, bed, chair, etc., they'd refund you the money if the Red Sox won the World Series. They took out an insurance policy so it wouldn't be out of pocket.

Apparently, many many people took advantage of it.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Congrats to the Saaaaw-aaahx on another title. I was surprised to see Varitek getting all verklempt there right after the game. Papelbon did say he would hold Beckett to his promise that they would dance together if they won it all, so that might be...well...entertaining? :laugh:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Awesome.

Not quite as amazing as 2004, but what can be?

Now, Fox, buzz off so I can watch the post-game on NESN.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
:D :D
Recording in HD on NESN, FOX, ABC, NBC! :D
Audio on WBZ and WEEI.

Lots to watch and listen to this Winter!

Thanks Sox!!!!!!!!

EricW

Senior HTF Member
devil's advocate: i was hoping for an actual series :) great for Sox fans, and MLB in general as the Sox a great draw for national ratings. but i'm a Yankees fan and i remember even when they swept the Padres, it was a bit boring (i just checked and i can't believe that was NINE years ago). at least this last game 4 was close at times so there was a little drama.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Congrats to the Red Sox. Boston now has an 8-game WS winning streak, second only to Cincinnati's current 9-game streak.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks