What's new

2006 NFL Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Jim_F

Screenwriter
My expectations for the Lions are between Scott's and Brandon's. I'm thinking 7 wins are possible, but it's not likely that they'll threaten the Bears this year. Anything better than 7-9 I figure is gravy, but much less and the increased discipline will not sell with the players. The latter could result in a major housecleaning by NFL standards, with more growing pains to follow. Hey, that's my life as a Lions fan.

My major concern is with the OL. Maybe the new scheme and the new position coach will help. Maybe.

Rebuilding year, better conditioning, an OC who can figure out ways to make defenses pay. I'm optimistic enough to predict the Lions will make the leap to mediocrity this year. But they miss the WC by 2 games.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was shocked to see the Hall of Fame game on NBC last night, it just feels too early for football.

Who got hurt at the end of the game? I just happened to see a player get carted off the field.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Shane, as pathetic as the Tigers have been the past decade, at least they have won a couple of World Series ('68 and '84) in my lifetime. Meanwhile, the Lions have won exactly one postseason game since 1957. The Tigers do not even come close to matching the long term ineptness of the Lions.

I can't really speak about the talent on the current Tiger team, since I stopped following MLB about a dozen years ago. However, I am pretty confident in my assessment of the current lack of talent on the Lions.

ATLFalcons

Auditioning
Real Name
Coty
My Falcons are a real contender in my opinion. Vick is a winning QB not a stat qb and hell be better this year. And the birds upgraded their already good D with lawyer milloy and john abraham. Go ATL!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was actually pretty entertained by last night's preseason game between the Patriots and the Falcons, mainly because the defensive play for either side was sorely inadequate, which allowed the offenses to make plays and create some excitement for the viewers.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Oh dang, there was a game last night?!
Going to tonight's Seahawks "scrimmage," not so much for the 'game' but rather being with a sold out Seahawks crowd again.

And to justify all that 'Hawks gear I bought after the Superbowl earlier this year! :D

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
While it was a preseason game, the Bears looked pretty weak against the 49ers. I'm so sick of waiting for Rex Grossman to prove himself. Everyone focuses on the fact he's always hurt, but they're missing the bigger issue: he flat out sucks! Yet the Bears will continue to keep him as the #1 and won't give Griese a chance.

And the vaunted Bears defense made Alex Smith look like the next coming of Steve Young.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Yeah. I only started watching near the end of the 3rd quarter, and it was one of the few preseason games I can remember that was actually fun to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks