What's new

2005 Track Your Films List (1 Viewer)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
EDITED TO ADD:

This thread is no longer going to be used as the TRACK THE FILMS YOU WATCH (2005) list. Check out our NEW thread, as started by Michael Elliott.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I think I'll do this since the 200x lists are technically for that year's films. I also will probably be adopting Joe's version of doing things since I can't use the Dana's film tracker anymore since there's some technical thinger going on.

so consider this space reserved. :)

Adam

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Jason's traditional thread isn't limited to that years releases but what the hey... place holder just in case.

--
H

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I usually just list all my films in the 200x lists, i'll reserve a spot and see how this pans out.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
I'll put a placeholder here as well...I don't get to the theatres much to see the current year's films and I've been renting like crazy, so this should be a good place to track and discuss (I keep meaning to get to the Expanding Horizons thread to discuss, but I get lazy...).

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Like Nick, I've been putting everything in the 2004 thread, but we'll see how it goes.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I just wanted to say that I hope everything's cool; I've only been here about a year, and I didn't mean to step on Jason's toes or monkey around with tradition while starting this thread. :) It's just that his list seemed very exclusive to new films of that particular year, and this wasn't my same intent and I mean to cover all decades if possible (though it's not mandatory). On page one of his 2004 list it says:

"STRONG suggestions if you plan to post a list here:
- ONLY POST A LIST HERE IF YOU PLAN TO SEE A GOOD SHARE OF 2004 FILMS."

P.S> - And although I've watched 301 films in 2004 thus far, only FIVE were new from 2004! :)

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter

I understand your intentions, but most lists on all previous film lists have sections for first-time viewings, festivals, shorts, etc to go along with that year's titles. I really don't see the use of having a completely alternate thread. In fact, with the upcoming 2005 list I am hoping to do sections on not only film, but television, music and older films to keep a better track of more forms of media.

I will be starting the 2005 Film List on (I'm hoping) January 1st.

Jason

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Seems a few weeks early for this type of thread...

I'll be sticking with Jason's format. I'm just a creature of habit, I guess.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
"Seems a few weeks early for this type of thread..."

That's why I thought starting it on the 1st of January was a good idea. ;)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Of course this thread officially begins on January 1st. What's being done "early" here is reserving your place early in this thread, where you will be keeping your list and going back and editing it as you update. Getting your space reserved early on the first or second page.
From this point on, it's my hope that we can list and discuss our film viewings of all types and all decades in 2005 from the silents and onward. There's no obligation to join this thread, but I hope people will try it out :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member

So, basically, precisely the same thread Jason has been running for the past several years...only a few weeks earlier.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Is there a problem here? It appears to be because it doesn't make sense to have two different threads tracking the same information. Jason's thread has been the traditional one for this area of the forum. Hopefully, we can come to some kind of understanding here.

Crawdaddy

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
No, Scott, that's not it at all. I read pages from the 2004 list, and it clearly emphasizes "new 2004 films". Even in the opening post, he boldly made it clear:

"STRONG suggestions if you plan to post a list here:
- ONLY POST A LIST HERE IF YOU PLAN TO SEE A GOOD SHARE OF 2004 FILMS."

This is meant to be fun and non-confrontational. You aren't obligated to participate if you don't want to.

I generally do not see many new films in the year; I saw only 5 out of 301 (so far) in 2004 :)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member

As I offered earlier, it's not my intent to start any trouble, monkey with tradition, or step on toes here. To me, these were just two different types of lists. Robert, if I'm making a mistake here, please feel free to let me know and/or delete this thread.

I just would like a thread where we can keep track of films we watch from all decades, and where we can discuss our ratings for individual films within that thread. If you check out Jason's 2004 list, nobody is really discussing Lon Chaney silents or the Tarzan films, or Sherlock Holmes movies, or whatever the case may be. It's pretty much 2004 oriented.

Maybe I should have specified in my title: "2005 Track Films From All Decades List".

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I like this idea. I'm not familiar with Jason's thread, but if the idea of his thread is primarily for new release films, then we definitely need a thread for those of us who primarily watch older films.

I've probably watched close to 300 films this year and only 9 of them are from 2004.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks