What's new

2005 Fantasy Football advice (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
For your scoring-only league, I would go with Westbrook and Parker at RB. Kickers are all the same -- don't sweat that decision. You shouldn't even have two on your roster, except for the bye week (and maybe not even then).

For your other league, I'd go with Palmer, Moore, Benson (if Jones doesn't play), Porter and Owens (if he plays).

I lost last week because Patrick Pass go injured during the game. He ended up getting me 0.8 points, and my opponent had Corey Dillon, who entered the game after Pass was injured and scored 17+ points. Dillon probably would not have played much if Pass hadn't been hurt, and I only lost by 6 points. Just another unlucky week for me.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Phil,
Scoring only:

Westbrook and Parker, Kicker is Janikowski(they will score some points against KC). TE = Kinney, and defense: I'd go with Cincy. Last week's 19 pt game for the Ravens is a rarity. Cincy creates alot of turnovers.

Performance:

Palmer, Moore and Benson(if Jones can't play otherwise take a flyer on J Lewis). WRs: Porter and Owens(he will play he says).

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

It's a function of that leagues settings. I'm required to keep 2 QB, 4 RB, 4 WR, 2 TE, 2 K and 2 DEF

Looks like I'll have to wait till Sunday morning to finalize some starters.

Thanks guys. Let me know if I can be of assistance with any of your decisions. Just go opposite of whatever I say. :D

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I'd love some advice, Philip, but my team has been so decimated by injuries that I'm starting two waiver wire pickups -- Courtney Roby and Bryant Johnson (along with Houshman) -- at WR/RB this week. My other choices are Tony Fisher vs. Pitt and Greg Lewis, who hasn't done anything all year. I don't think anything can help me at this point. :frowning:

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I picked up Roby too since Terry Glenn is on a bye this week and Brandon Lloyd has become worthless in the SF QB roulette.

I didn't listen to Shane resulting in the colossal screwups of not playing the Giants D which scored 23 or something, and playing Brunell instead of McNabb which was a 20+ pt swing. I lost by 3.

No big decisions this week. I'm playing one of the playoff teams (though he is on a 3 game losing streak) so I expect to be looking at 2-7.

I looked at my draft again. When I play McNabb, I'm starting my top 4 picks and nobody else. After dropping Brandon Stokely this week to pick up Roby, I only have 3 other draft picks on my roster outside the top 4. Less than half my picks.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
I as well picked up Roby for last week since R. Williams was pretty much listed as doubtful. I should have picked up E. Wilford instead. Oh well.

How many T.O. owners are going to hold onto that headcase on the off-chance he comes back somehow this year? I will probably hold onto him for another week or so before deciding on whether or not to dump him.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I dumped TO just this week. Oddly I picked up Wilford last week and he banked me a steak this week! That league gives us a steak if we score the most points that week(the others get burgers). I had 4 players total 90 pts and 3 left after that. Needless to say I won :)

My other league is a catfight.

I do have a decision this week as I'm in pain after losing Tomlinson and Palmer to bye weeks. I have the following options at QB:

1. David Carr vs Indy
2. Trent Dilfer vs Pittsburgh
3. McNown or Warner vs Detroit(waiver pickup if I did that). Waiver pickups cost me a $1 so it has to count!

Keep in mind losing those 2 to bye weeks averages out to me losing almost 40 pts and having to replace them this week. Thankfully in that league everyone makes the playoffs..

Otherwise I replaced Tomlinson with Jamal Lewis. Sucks but he is ok.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Shane, pick up the Cardinals QB to play against Detroit. Your other two options are pretty bad.

I picked the wrong waiver wire WR to play last week. I picked up Roby and Bryant Johnson, played Roby, and lost by 3 points. Of course, I also had another injury -- Fred Taylor re-injured his ankle. I do not think I've made it through a single week without any injuries.

Due to byes and injuries, I have few choices this week. My lineup right now:

QB: Plummer @ Oak
RB: Alexander
WR: Holt
Flex: Bryant Johnson @ Det, Greg Lewis vs. Dal, Toomer vs. Min

bench options: TFisher/Grado @ Atl, FTaylor/GJones vs. Balt

on bye: McNair/Volek, Houshman, Hakim, THenry
injured: TFisher, FTaylor, Patrick Pass

Other players lost to injury and no longer on roster include
Griese, Pennington, DBennett and AGreen. I've also lost Holt, Houshman and FTaylor for significant time.

Also, I traded Kennison for McNair after losing Pennington and Griese.

It's been a long, tough season.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I pulled out a close win thanks to Jonathan Wells after I saw that Domenick Davis wasn't going to play. Rackers had another big game too. My kicker is a more consistent scorer than any of my WR's.

I need to find another WR this week since Roby and Joe Horn are on byes. Might pick up Troy Brown. Andre Johnson and Texas' other WR are available, but they are playing Indy this week. I suppose Indy could have a let down game this week but I don't like the matchup.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
I've got some tough choices at RB this week. None of em good either.

Performance league (Pick 2)

C. Benson vs SF (will he start? If not, might he get some decent time anyways with Jones not 100%?)

M. Moore @ NYG (I think the latest word is Moore will start)
M. Bennett @ NYG

J. Lewis @ JAX (I keep thinking he will eventually break out of his funk, but it never happens)

WR: (pick 2)
J. Porter vs DEN
R. Wayne vs HOU
R. Brown vs DAL
N. Burleson @ NYG
T. Owens vs oh nevermind. Thanks T.O. you ass.

Leaning towards Wayne and Porter, but Brown may be the new man in PHI.

-Phil

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Philip, is Wayne healthy? I know he missed practice earlier this week. If he's healthy, though, I would go with him and Porter at WR. Your RB situation is not good. Bennett looked good last week, so you may want to roll the dice with him and Benson. Jamal Lewis hasn't done anything -- he's riding the bench on my dynasty league team.

The injury bug bit me again during this week's practices. Bryant Johnson is doubtful against Detroit, after injuring his shoulder during practice. I needed him for just this week. I now have to play Sam Gado at one of my flex positions (or try the Invisible Man Amani Toomer). If Holt somehow gets scratched before today's game, Toomer has to go in anyway -- he's all I have left. :frowning:

If there are any players you want to see get injured, just let me know. I'll put them on my fantasy team and they are certain to go down.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I picked up Samkon Gado too. I thought he was a better bet than Wells vs. Indy, though I suppose they could be in for a let down game.

I was also surprised to find Duce Staley available so I snapped him up. Also picked up Scottie Vines as my 3rd WR although now I'm wondering if he'll play that much this week. Maybe I should have gotten Northcutt instead.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
For one week, everything came together. My team's scored 11 TDs, and I still have Greg Lewis tonight along with a 40 point lead. I even picked up Ben Watson on a whim just before kickoff (my TE Randy McMichael hasn't been doing anything and Daniel Graham was out for the Pats), and he scored two TD's.

I hope Samkon Gado isn't a one-week wonder. I could really use him the rest of the way.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Samkon was big for me too (even if it was against the Falcons :frowning: ), and I had Hines Ward, but the rest of my team wasn't so hot and my opponent had a good week. I'm down by 28 but have McNabb and Terry Glenn going tonight so I still have a shot.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
OK, I need advice on which two to start:

Brown, Ronnie MIA@CLE
Westbrook, Brian PHI@NYG
Bettis, Jerome PIT@BAL
Gado, Sam MIN@GB (just picked him up)

I have been starting Brown and Westbrook but I wonder if I should pop in Gado.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
With McNabb out for Philly, the Giants will probably key on Westbrook and make Mike McMahon beat them. If you want to start Gado, I would bench Westbrook instead of Brown.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I would play Gado and Brown, but what do I know, I'm 3-7.

With McNabb likely done, I'm down to just 3 starting draft picks (and only 4 out of 16 left on my team), and Domenick Davis has been hurt the last 2 weeks and might miss this week too.

I'm playing Gado and whoever starts between Wells or Davis. I'm sick of the Pittsburgh rotating backs thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks