What's new

2004 movies you walked out on. AKA worst movies. (1 Viewer)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

I didn't walk out on "The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover" until about 25 minutes before the end. People had started leaving the movie about 15 minutes in, however. At the very point I walked out, about 10 other people were leaving at the same time. I've never been to another film where there were so many walkouts.

And no, nobody said anything to anyone who left.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member

I've read my share of books and if after a few chapters, I realize I just don't like it, I close it and give to someone else. I find no nobility or solace in finishing a bad book just for the sake of finishing. The same goes for movies. While I have never walked out on a movie at the theater, I have allowed myself to conveniently fall asleep during it. Since matinees now cost as much as regular showings did seemingly only a few years ago, I'm much more selective in what I choose to see. So, for this year, I can't think of anything that I wanted to leave during. I just avoided those films altogether.

Bruce

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Fahrenheit 9/11...when people cheered for just about every single thing that Moore did, cried when Iraq footage was shown and such...I just got disgusted with them and left. It was more the audience fault than anything...like watching cows going to the slaughterhouse.

But I will likely be in the minorty there...so Ill add another movie: Charlies Angels: Full Throttle. Gah.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
So, if you bought some "fresh" fish, you'd finish it off even though it was going to give you food poisoning? :D

I guess we need people to finish the horrible movies so they can warn us away.

I salute you, in all your skinflint, bad-movie-finishing glory :D

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Surprised noone chose White Chicks.

I didn't see it in the theatre (and I watched it to the end) but that was by far the worst piece of trash I've seen in many years.

It was simply insulting to my intelligence in every possible manner. During the restaurant/fart scene, I was actually angy.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
Gosh, I avoided posting in this thread because I felt in some odd way that I am one of the more cynical voices in these forums. There were two movies I walked out on the first was Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls and the other (the worst of the two) Universal Soldier: The Return. The Return was my favorite walkout because I theater hopped to American Pie. :D

The worst movie ever made belongs to an American film financed through the French. You guessed it Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. It was my fault, that I did not take the advice of others and watch the TV series first. That little fact however does not excuse the God-awfulness of this movie. Before I saw the picture I read that it was booed at Cannes and deservingly so. After I watched this piece of S-H-I-Tut, I stood up and booed my TV because damn it this movie needs to be: booed. In fact, I think they should screen this movie every year until the end of the world just so people can view this movie, boo it and throw shit at the screen. David Lynch (my inspiration as a American filmmaker along with control freak Streisand) must have taken some sort of sick pleasure in releasing this dread onto the world. He could have pulled down his pants and …you know on my forehead, instead making FWWM.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Wow...I understand FWWM isn't everyone's cup of tea, but jeez, those are some strong words. I'll still wear my sig with pride :D

Andrew Priest

Stunt Coordinator
I have never walked out on a movie, though I've failed to watch one or two on video. I suppose that part of the reason comes from the heightened care one has picking movies when it takes 2 hours driving and $20 gas in order to see one. If I'm going to drive into Castlegar in order to watch a movie I'm damn well going to see all of it.

Plus I'm just a softie. It takes a pretty bad movie to really bug me.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I rarely got to a movie that I end up hating. The only one that I can think of in recent years was Slackers (ug!). I wanted to walk out, but my buddy wanted to finish it.

I usually see the "safe" films in theaters, and watch the "possibly suck-tastic" ones on DVD. Much easier to be disappointed in my house over a rental than be disappointed at the theater with a $10 ticket.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott

I've seen many films that I would give a BOMB rating to but each one of them had at least one good thing in them. That's why I don't leave a film early. S.I.C.K. was clearly one of the worst films I've ever seen but the ending really blew me away so..... I'm glad I sat through the torture, although I wouldn't do it again.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Benny,

you wanted to walk out on Battlefield Earth!? You would have missed one the greatest comedies of all time!

My friend and I were almost put into the hospital from laughing during that one. :laugh:

Rodney Martin

Stunt Coordinator
David,
the kind of people that go to see a michael moore documentary already share his sort of political ideals. Since your from texas, i'm not amazed that you didn't like the film. Farenheit made some good points, the problem is that moore can't resist the chance to exploit every situation, so any good points he makes gets drowned out by his crap.

Only film i've seen in the last few years that bored me stiff was fight club. Bad movies arent necessarily boring, they can have some entertainment value. But bad movies that are dull, are the worst kind. I kept watching it, thinking it has to get better than this. But no the dull ed norton narration just carried on. It didn't even pick up when the twist in the story was revealled.

David Galindo

Screenwriter

Yeah...and its too bad, because I really liked Bowling for Columbine, but the crowd and the message in the theater that night were acting almost like a cult...it was the weirdest thing I ever saw at the movies. So I left.

Glad to know I didnt miss much :emoji_thumbsup:

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I didn't walk out but I definitely didn't enjoy: The Punisher, Van Helsing, and Blade: Trinity :thumbsdown:

I did try to catch a catnap through Van Helsing (I couldn't leave since I was at a special screening) but it was too damn loud to sleep! :D

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Van Helsing and AVP....... Good lord I wanted to shoot myself in the foot so I could leave, but I was with others that wanted to stay and see them.... I have learned read the boards before I go see movies now...with an exception to a few......

I have only walked out of one movie and that was the crow 2......................

R~

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I have seen some bad films, but I don't walk out in hopes that I may find something worthwhile.

That said, I have never regretted going to see a film. Each one will provide a different experience good or bad.

And that said, the two worst films I went to this year are:
2. Christmas with the Kranks
1. Birth (How did this get Golden Globe nods? It boggles the mind)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

My Guess is "SICK : The Life And Times Of Bob Flannagan, Super Masochist" a documentary not for the faint of heart, with incrediably hard video of intense self inflicted pain that I wont go into here. It's also one of the best and more powerful documentaries I have ever seen. Highly recommended (although a certian hammer and nails scene well probably make you puke. It litterally made me fall off my chair,when I rented it on VHS).

Fight Club and FWWM as walk outs? BLASPHEMY! I f I can sit through "Fart :The Movie" than you can sit through these DAMNIT!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks