What's new

2004 Major League Baseball Season Discussion (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure he would. Then again I have hopes that Depodesta will do the same type of thing in LA. He certainly is in the mold of Beane and Epstein.

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
Phil --

I haven't lost any respect for Jetes. Let me first say, I'm not a Yankee fan (or an A-Rod fan :)). Seriously though, you're looking at a situation in NY where the man that has got you there is almost being forced aside. Yes, I said got you there . You can look at your pitching, you can look at your support team for your World Series winners, but in my opinion, without Jeter you wouldn't have any of those rings. I know, I know, but I'm serious.

The leadership the Jeter brings to that team is second to none to anyone in baseball. He's clutch all the way. I think if all of the monument players got together in the afterlife and had to choose a modern day Yank for their team Jeter would be it.

If I were starting a team from scratch and could pick any player in baseball as my number 1 pick, it would be Jeter because of the leadership and gamer mentality that he has.

And I don't like the Yankees.

Best,
Doug

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Well, this is one Yankee fan that hasn't lost any respect for Jeter and doesn't believe it's right to move him out of his position like he was yesterday's dish water.

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

The hitting part has nothing to do with this position change. Also, the stats they used to evaluate how well one fields his position is questionable in my opinion because of other factors.

Crawdaddy

John Madia

Second Unit
The trouble with moving A-Rod to SS (other than pissing off Jeter) is assuming that Jeter can play second or third. Having A-Rod at 3rd and Jeter at SS might be a stronger defensive combination than A-Rod at SS and Jeter at 2nd or thrid.

As for the Yankees Mussina hasn't looked bad and Brown has looked very good. They won today but it was a very close game.

The Tigers win again! I felt bad that they lost Dmitri Young yesterday and thought it would quell any enthusiasm they had but it must feel good to win again, especially against a team like Toronto. Not that I'm complaining about Toronto losing, the more they lose the quicker they trade Delgado to the Red Sox. :)

I think these first couple of games have shown us that there's going to be no easy victories for any teams this year. Every team has a chance to win on any given day and this should make for some tight pennant races down the stretch. Should be a great season.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Just have to say...

Billy Wagner
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm in shock that the Braves scored 18 runs tonight, too bad our starting pitching isn't up to snuff early in the season. We are lucky to be 1-1.

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Frank Thomas had an 18-pitch at-bat yesterday. That's got to be close to a record (though I'm sure records don't exist for that except for the last few years).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Phil,
Are you a Yankee fan and if so, why are you taking the word of an unknown career minor league ballplayer over Jeter who's played in front of you for eight years?

Crawdaddy

Phil L

Supporting Actor

Yes, I'm a Yankee fan. I don't see any problem with being a fan and criticizing the team for it's weaknesses, especially those that are easily fixable.

I wasn't aware that people's honesty is determined by their major league service.

It's he said/he said, I don't see any reason to believe either over the other. I also don't really care much about what happens off the field.

If I were forced to believe one or the other, considering some things I've heard about Jeter and that Huckaby has nothing to gain from lying about it, where Jeter has his good-guy image to maintain, I'd probably believe Huckaby.

Phil L

Supporting Actor

That he simply ignores people who he doesn't want to deal with.

Matches with the experience a friend who is a bouncer had with him.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Braves, playing in uniforms from 30 years ago, outslugged the Mets 10-8 on Hank Aaron night at the ballpark. Don't know what to make of all this offense so early in the season, but perhaps the Braves will make my pick of them at least being the wildcard pick for this year come true. But it's a long season.

In yesterday's game, Julio Franco got to pinch hit twice in the same inning, collecting 2 hits, 3 RBI and 1 run scored. Don't know too many pinch-hitters who collect 2 hits in one inning. Not bad for some guy in his mid-40s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks