What's new

2003 ML Baseball Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
How about those Tigers. :D Too bad they didn't play this hard the other 150 or so games.

1 more to avoid the 120 mark and they've alread avoided the worst winning percetage mark.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Congrats to the Cubbies for clinching the NL Central by sweeping the Pirates. They are the reason the Braves get to play in primetime on Tuesday in their playoff matchup (with the Giants/Marlins game starting at 4 p.m.). Woods will start for the Cubs, and Ortiz starts for the Braves.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Break up the Tigers!

I’m happy they were able to avoid setting the mark for most losses in a season.

Now let’s go Cubs!

They are going to need everything they have and more in order to compete with the Braves and that offense.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
That was great by Detroit. Not sure the Twins really wanted to lose 3/4 to end the season to one of the worst teams of all time. Especially going into the playoffs.

Lowell_B

Second Unit
I doubt the Twins care too much, they were just playing reserves mostly anyway. I could've cared less if the Red Sox had gotten swept by Tampa, we're in the playoffs baby!

Awesome job by the Tigers to finish with 119 losses. (Man that's a strange sounding sentence. :) )

Also cool to see the Cubs win their division, Cubs-Red Sox World Series here we come!

Now to wait 'till Wednesday.

"This is the Yeah."

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :)

Lowell

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
So..Philly fans. Has Citizens Bank park already been nicknamed "The Bank"?

It sucks that the season is over. I love football, I really do, and basketball is fun. But neither of them is baseball.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Isn’t anyone interested in the playoffs?

Maybe a new postseason thread should be created to stir up some interest.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's up!

So ... how about the White Sox and the Orioles firing their managers, and KC firing the pitching coach (the one who got beaten up on the field by the father/son duo)?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, KC fired their bullpen coach. Even more trivial.

Kind of unfortunate for Hargrove, since the mess with the Orioles is hardly his fault. But, then again, this does free Hargrove up to get a job with a team with a non-useless owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks