What's new

2003-2004 NBA Season (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
O'Neal desperately wants to play with O'Grady, as they have become very good friends. Both have put themselves on the block, in hopes that either one will go the other direction.. ie,

Kobe Goes, Grady comes in to LA
Shaq Goes, Grady stays in Orlando

It would be good, in some ways, for Shaq to go back to Orlando.. where he started... back in the day, when he and Anfernee Hardaway were a team.. anyway. We'll see. Realistically, that would make more sense "on the books".. especially if Orlando can as some believe, get out from under the Grant deal this year..

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Just tossing out the idea, now that the season is over and the fallout from Detroit's victory is there (congratulating the Pistons, analyzing why the vast majority of people who know the sport well made such a huge mistake in predicting the Finals, etc.), is it time to put this thread to rest and start the 2004 off-season thread?

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Just tossing out the idea, now that the season is over and the fallout from Detroit's victory is there (congratulating the Pistons, analyzing why the vast majority of people who know the sport well made such a huge mistake in predicting the Finals, etc.), is it time to put this thread to rest and start the 2004 off-season thread?

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Anfernee Hardaway - whatever happened to him? I remember he was one of the biggest stars in the league years ago. He had the shoe contract and the Sprite commercials and the movie deals. I know he failed to raise his game to a superstar level and just faded to journeyman status due to the injuries he suffered. Now I wish I would have unloaded his rookie cards when I had the chance.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Anfernee Hardaway - whatever happened to him? I remember he was one of the biggest stars in the league years ago. He had the shoe contract and the Sprite commercials and the movie deals. I know he failed to raise his game to a superstar level and just faded to journeyman status due to the injuries he suffered. Now I wish I would have unloaded his rookie cards when I had the chance.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I know I am in the minority among Lakers fans on this one, but I would rather lose Kobe than Shaq.
I was already a resident of this minority group. Addressing a comment above, I fail to see how what happened to the Lakers proves that it was Kobe's team and not Shaq's especially when part of the problem was that they didn't get Shaq the ball enough in game 4?
As for Shaq being traded, I heard Dallas as a possibility. I really don't think he'll be traded though as it will be damn near impossible for the Lakers to get fair value for him. Even if Orlando gives up a 1 and they get Okafor or Howard, plus other picks/players its really IMO still not enough, but that's because I'm not real high on either of the top 2 prospects.
The Lakers are reportedly going to or hve talked to Rudy T, and he has an interest in the job possibly. He's a good coach and I'd love to have him if it worked out that Phil didn't come back. I think the Lakers will be different next year but I don't think its necessarily going to be a return to the dark days.
As for the T-Mac to Indiana thing, you essentually have to decide which is more important, if you trade for him, you get a real top flight Superstar, but you sacrafice some of your depth, judging by what I've heard they'd be giving up or considering giving up.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I know I am in the minority among Lakers fans on this one, but I would rather lose Kobe than Shaq.
I was already a resident of this minority group. Addressing a comment above, I fail to see how what happened to the Lakers proves that it was Kobe's team and not Shaq's especially when part of the problem was that they didn't get Shaq the ball enough in game 4?
As for Shaq being traded, I heard Dallas as a possibility. I really don't think he'll be traded though as it will be damn near impossible for the Lakers to get fair value for him. Even if Orlando gives up a 1 and they get Okafor or Howard, plus other picks/players its really IMO still not enough, but that's because I'm not real high on either of the top 2 prospects.
The Lakers are reportedly going to or hve talked to Rudy T, and he has an interest in the job possibly. He's a good coach and I'd love to have him if it worked out that Phil didn't come back. I think the Lakers will be different next year but I don't think its necessarily going to be a return to the dark days.
As for the T-Mac to Indiana thing, you essentually have to decide which is more important, if you trade for him, you get a real top flight Superstar, but you sacrafice some of your depth, judging by what I've heard they'd be giving up or considering giving up.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I thought I was in the minority on this one! As it turns out, on talk radio today in L.A., there was definitely a majority of Lakers fans who preferred to keep Shaq over Kobe.

I was surprised, but glad to hear it.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I thought I was in the minority on this one! As it turns out, on talk radio today in L.A., there was definitely a majority of Lakers fans who preferred to keep Shaq over Kobe.

I was surprised, but glad to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks