What's new

2-player co-op games on consoles? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Reckelhoff

Stunt Coordinator
Just finished playing through Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance with my wife and we had a lot of fun cooperating to get through it. Gauntlet Legacy was another game that we enjoyed. I'm looking for recommendations for other 2-player co-op games (specifically, games where both players are on-screen at the same time)? RPGs would be ideal; sports games and "twitch" games won't work for her. We've tried Jedi Starfighter co-op and it just doesn't work as well.

Also doesn't have to be a recent game--we have NES, SNES, N64, Cube and Xbox to choose from. Any suggestions?

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Although it doesn't help you right now, be sure to pick up Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles when it comes out in February.

Kevin Reckelhoff

Stunt Coordinator
Crystal Chronicles is definitely on the list, and thanks for the tip on DA2 and the other thread. I didn't know DA2 was in production--any word on any of the other D&D titles (Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights) making it to the Xbox? Heck, I'd love a Pools of Radiance/Krynn remakes with updated graphics;)

Fortunately, she likes to play in general so it's not an issue of convincing her to play (we have all the mario titles, super monkey ball, etc.). It was just so much fun playing cooperative that I want to find more games that we can enjoy at the same time. Our skill levels aren't equal though, so anything where we compete against each other will probably leave me sleeping on the couch:)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Dynasty Warriors 4. That is a fun game that uses teamwork. The missions are easier to accomplish (and more fun) when you have a buddy.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
i think next month maybe nov at the latest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comes out on the 3 major consoles. it will be 2 player (4 would be great) hell i'm foaming at the mouth on this one... :D

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I loved that old snes TMNT game, TURTLES IN TIME i believe... awesomest game ever...

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Brute Force is a cool co-op game. Also, Hunter: The Recokoning. Hunter can be had for under $20 as well. It's sort of a cross between Gauntlet and Resident Evil.

Kami

Screenwriter
Yeah, Halo is without a doubt the best co-op game of all-time...IMO anyway.

Hunter is good...it is a hard game alone, having an extra person helps a lot.

Brute Force isn't bad, definitely not the next Halo but very fun.

Jake Gove

Second Unit
Return to Wolfenstein should be included here with an asterisk. It is so disappointing that it won't let you play through the whole game on co-op unless you beat it on single player. It only lets you play the levels you have cleared on single player. What a waste. They should release a patch to download to fix this instead of stupid maps.

Jason Cald****

Stunt Coordinator
Check out Dungeon and Dragons Hereos. It just came out last week. If you loved BG:DA you will like this to for sure. It only got a 6.6 on gamespot, but i have been having a ton of fun with it, and you can play with up to 4 people at a time.

I am just mad Baldurs Gate 2 and Champions of Norrath got pushed back.

Watch for Champions of Norrath, its a Everquest game based made from the same team that did BG:DA and is going to be awesome.

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
Another game coming out that is supposed to support 2 player coop is Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. It uses teh Baldur's Gate 2 engine and is a post-apocolyptic sci-fi setting instead of fantasy.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Return of the King's co-op mode is playable online (on the PS2). That could be a heck of a lot of fun.

Glen

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
I loved that old snes TMNT game, TURTLES IN TIME i believe... awesomest game ever...
I dunno, Nick, I thought TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project was much better. We are talking about the NES versions and not the arcade version right? :) The original contras were pretty fun co-op, and the latest Contra on PS2 is a nice homage to them, but doesn't have the same exact flare.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks