What's new

2 Outlaw LFM-1's vs SVS 20-39PC+ (1 Viewer)

JohnEF

Stunt Coordinator
I have a 14 by 22 foot room with 8 foot ceilings (no openings) and am looking to replace my Pinnacle 250 watt sub-woofer (I have a 7.1 setup driven by the Outlaw 950/770 combination). I listen to 90% movies and 10% music.

I originally was looking at the SVS 20-39PC+ for $825 but for a little more I can get 2 Outlaw LFM-1's ($999).

Both have gotten great reviews. Any opinions out there?

Thanks.

John

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
John,

As you do your research, you might toss the PB12-ISD/2 (dual 12" SVS ISD woofer) into your equation, since you are interested in box subs too clearly.

It's $998 delivered to your NY door.

Good as the PC+ is (and it's going to be the champ on a floor space/performance basis here) the PB12-ISD/2 would be stronger still.

We recently posted a new high-resolution quasi-anechoic frequency response for this sub. Drop us an e-mail if you have any questions about it.

Ron
SVS
[email protected]

JohnEF

Stunt Coordinator
I would not eliminate the cylinder shape sub-woofers as my old one is in a corner with noting on it. A taller SVS cylinder would make little difference to me in terms of looks.

Are you saying the one PB12-ISD/2 will outperform 2 2 LFMI-1's?

John

Mike^S

Stunt Coordinator
I think Ron is saying that the PB12-ISD/2 will have stronger output than a 2039PC+. Two LFM's would have strong output as well, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have quite the extension of the PB12-ISD/12. They roll off around 25Hz.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
For what it's worth, I love Outlaw Audio. I own their 950 pre/pro, their interconnects, and four of their M200 monoblocks. Great company, great customer service.

But when it comes down to subwoofers, I'd go with SVS every day of the week and twice on Sunday. (I've owned four SVS subs.....loved every one.)

I used to own the very sub that Ron suggested to you. I had it in a relatively large, open room and it was just awesome. Even with all that space to fill, it could still bring the house down. I still remember watching 'Master and Commander' and fearing for my life when the cannons went off lol.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
If I remember correctly the outlaw sub is basically a clone of one of the Hsu subs, so it should be pretty good. You might look around for reviews comparing that cloned Hsu to the applicable SVS's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks