What's new

2 Broke Girls - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
CBS's newest Monday night comedy, 2 Broke Girls, premieres tonight in the 9:30 p.m. EDT timeslot. If only for Kat Dennings, I'm checking it out.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
Oh good God, was that awful. I only made it through 3 minutes before I deleted it. I knew it was doomed as soon as I heard the laugh track. Really? Do they still do those?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I won't be back next week, but it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Kat Dennings was terrific. Blonde girl was less irritating than the ads made her out to be.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Laugh track is not a deal breaker for me. It's only a problem when I'm not laughing with it, which was not true in this case. I like the chemistry between the leads (and Dennings is a stand out) and the fact the blonde had some smarts to her kept it mostly from the obvious.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
With its lead-in, I suspect this show will stick around, did a nice 7/16 (19 million viewers) share last night, but it was really drafting off its lead-in, but stil retained 2/3 of the viewers, which isn't too bad.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
The show is actually taped in front of a live audience. That said, it was horrible. I like Kat Dennings, but those jokes were insulting to my intelligence.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Do you mind sharing which jokes you disliked? I'm just curious because I also watched the the first five minutes of Two and a Half Men and thought THAT was awful.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
Do you mind sharing which jokes you disliked? I'm just curious because I also watched the the first five minutes of Two and a Half Men and thought THAT was awful.
I don't like Two and a Half Men either. I only made it through 3 minutes, but the whole rant about the finger snapping and the knit cap thing had me rolling my eyes instead of laughing.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'll admit I'll endorse anything that knocks hipsters down a peg. :D

Some of the more risque jokes were in hindsight not very good, but the fact they made it past censors distracted from their quality.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I was surprised when the blond told the guy he was making her wet. She was standing next to a overflowing sink but the way the joke played out didn't make it seem like it was because of the sink at all. Anyway I like it. Was funny enough for me. I never quite follow the " I watched 3 minutes and made my decision from that" logic.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
Anyway I like it. Was funny enough for me. I never quite follow the " I watched 3 minutes and made my decision from that" logic.
While I probably could have watched the full episode to make sure, I just knew it wasn't my thing. I don't think I like Up All Night either, but I am not sure I want to drop it yet. With this show, I just knew. That is, unless the rest of the episode was completely different than the opening sequence.
I'll admit I'll endorse anything that knocks hipsters down a peg. :D
Well, OK, so the show does have some positive aspects.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I thought it was iffy at first but I stuck with it, and I'm glad I did. Initial thoughts were another ditzy blond but she turned out, for me at least, to be the hook.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Call me a sucker for anything Kat Dennings does but I liked it, it was rough around the edges but it can be improved upon so I'm in. I'm just glad they ditched the douche boyfriend fast.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Anyone like the second episode? Personally I think it's gaining strength in the laughs department, best line of the night..."If I were a lesbian she'd be the last les I'd bein." :laugh: Damn Kat looked hot in that RUN DMC t-shirt. :cool:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought many of the jokes fell flat in the first half, but once they got the horse manure jokes out of the way things seemed to improve (and anyone who has seen horse manure knows it doesn't look like that).

I think the show's strength is ultimately in the more heartfelt moments between the two leads, when they are able to find a common ground and understanding. The rest has so far been pretty hit and miss.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Inspector Hammer! said:
I chuckled at the horse manure lol, especially when Caroline grabbed Max's hand making her scream. :laugh:
That was funny, and remembering that there was no water after she'd been covered in "Brooklyn". :D Still, I didn't enjoy this episode as much as the first. But I'll give it a couple more episodes to see if it evens out. I don't mind the douchey boyfriend so much as the leering cook in the diner. I wish they'd get rid of him. Plus, I still haven't figured out the point of Garrett Morris's role.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Malcolm R said:
I don't mind the douchey boyfriend so much as the leering cook in the diner. I wish they'd get rid of him. Plus, I still haven't figured out the point of Garrett Morris's role.
I agree, can anyone say sexual harassment in the workplace?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I kind of felt the second episode was weaker then the pilot. Many of the jokes were nothing more than wise cracks and fell short.
Cameron Yee said:
(and anyone who has seen horse manure knows it doesn't look like that).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks