What's new

1st speaker project - was: New Idea For a Small Business, at age 15! (Moved) (1 Viewer)

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Oh, so the amp is a factory with little elfs working creating watts that are sent out to the speakers? And it only takes 400 watts to run the machinery? Hey, that makes sense! :D

I don't really care about the watts. I just noticed that it had a 400 watt power supply and a 770 watt output. And was confused...

Well, I'm gona probably have almost $300 an Friday. So, what are your opinions on the receiver I should buy? I thought that maybe, I can wait another 1-2 weeks and get the Pioneer VSX-1016 for $400-$500 and using that as a permanent receiver for the rest of my teenage life. Than upgrade in about 4-5 years to the new standard of electronics. Hopefully, I'll have a decent paying job and can afford a $800 receiver.

Thanks for all of your help guys, I don't know what I'd have right now if it wasn't for you... Probably a SONY sub, center, and rears. And my current YAMAHA receiver.

Thanks,
Bobby G.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's a honor system like Ebay. Long time users don't want their reputation tarnished. I've bought and sold on this board over the last few years with only one single incident. It was a shipping error on the seller's side and was corrected with one e-mail.

-Robert

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Tell my mom that... And it's most likely sold now, he told me he had another buyer and he was giving me a chance. But my mom doesn't trust other people...

Edit:
Looking at the thread a second time, yes it's sold.

Dingiswayo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt

I remember when I bought my first real computer. I did something phenomenal so my dad said he'd match funds with me. I researched for weeks, reading everything about components and whatnot. I decided on this fledgling internet-based computer company that was offering great deals on ready-made systems with far better components than I could get locally. That company was Gateway. My father said something to the effect of "Don't ever buy anything unless you can look the man in the eye who's selling it to you." So we went to the local computer shop and looked a guy in the eye as he royally ripped us off. He sold us a computer with a CPU two models lower than I could have gotten off Gateway and a motherboard that was already maxed out RAM-wise. Instead of a better base system he sold us on the cutting-edge technology of a CD-ROM burner...for $500. That was around 1991. Since then I've been screwed by people looking me in the eye far more often than the internet, what with the feedback systems and all. I couldn't imagine having to buy technology now without reading 100 reviews on both the product and the seller.

Anyway, tough break on the mom-factor Bobby. She means well.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
I bought my recent computer from Newegg.com. All the components, actually. They were a good company and I know I wasn't screwed over. But, I don't trust buying from a forum as much as an online retailer such as Newegg. If it arrives home, and I find out I just bought a busted receiver, than what? What if he doesn't even send me the receiver and keeps the money?

I'm not saying that's what Steven would do, but I'd buy something off of a trusted retailer over some stranger from a forum anyday.

Anyways, I should have $300 on Friday. And then I can start looking for my receiver. Should I make a new thread in the "Receivers" section of the forum or get help from here?

EDIT:

Just to get started, I'm looking around at places where I can pick it up. They have a Pioneer VSX-1016 for $480 at best buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1153337017859

EDIT2:

This is cheaper and has free shipping:
http://www.4electronicwarehouse.com/...ium=comparison

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
I've always loved the classic Mustangs, I want to get a '65 Shelby, but that'll be very expensive... Might have to settle for a regular '65.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Ive owned that same model. Its a nice receiver. I paid over $300 for it a a few years back.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
"Save your money, you have to save up for a car. If you sabe it up it'll add up quick especially since you got more hours this summer."

Kinda pointless getting a car with no permit, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks