What's new

1982 Saturday morning Incredible Hulk cartoon,will we finally get dvd this summer ??? (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Back in 2003 , I was very suprised this didnt arrive on dvd , as a tie in to the hulk theatrical film. Hopefully we will see it this summer !!!!!!!!!

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I was really young, but I remember the '82 cartoon! It had a memorable theme song, Stan Lee narration and followed the Hulk comics rather than the popular TV show. Did it air along with Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends? When the Incredible Hulk hits theatres in June, I can't imagine other studios not cashing in as well (and Universal could ramp up its releases of the Bill Bixby TV show to maybe twice this year?).

David Levine

Supporting Actor
I believe there is a bit of a legal and/or rights issue with most of the older Marvel (Sunbow) toons.

We didn't see the 90s Spider-Man series or Amazing Friends come out despite 3 movies.

We also haven't seen the 90s X-Men series despite 3 movies.

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
Nor the early 2000s Silver Surfer animated series (which would've seemed a perfect tie-in to last summer's FF/SS movie).

Dan*T

Supporting Actor

Yes, and it really sucks that we haven't seen this stuff.
I know my kid would love to watch it in a few years...
:frowning:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Keep dreaming. BVHE has no clue how to handle their animated properties, least of all the superheroes. They had perfect tie-in's with the X-Men movies (as already mentioned) and we have four compilations-one from BVHE-on disc.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
You know the 90's Iron Man, Avengers, and 60s Iron Man, Thor, sub Mariner and Captain America are on DVD in the UK. Maybe these could get released there? I loved this Hulk more than other animated versions almost as much as Spider-man & his Amazing Friends and Spider-Woman.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
That's good news. The '82 Hulk was amazing and it's a shame that it's not available, other than this one episode coming out.

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe
I know I watched both Hulk and Spidey, but barely remember it...

But I figured it was awesome and preordered when I saw this news yesterday.

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe
Does anyone have the VHS release from the same company...

I don't even remember the music, was it cool?

(Speaking of music, the new movie's supposedly going to have "the Lonely Man" theme from the live action)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I have the VHS release, with the same Hulk episode and the same Spidey episodes, from the mid-80s (I'd guess 1985). This was a U.S. release, but I don't remember the company.
The Hulk theme song on this show was simply amazing.

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

The name of the company was PRISM. The company that is releasing the DVD in June (Morningstar) bought the rights to the PRISM tape. There is no reason the music wouldn't be included.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
It is currently number 6 on amazon.canada dvd sales rank preorders. Since its such a hot seller, there may be hope for more episodes in the future.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I just found a listing at amazon.uk for a 2 disc dvd set of the entire 1982,, 13 episode series !!!!!!!! Its coming on August 25th!!!!!! Ill cancel my order for the canadian dvd now. To see the listing on amazon.uk, type in, incredible hulk in their dvd section and go to the 4th page of the results.Id never thought id see the entire series released, this is awesome !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks