What's new

1966 Batman DVD Coming! See Post 649 (1 Viewer)

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
Warner Archive tweeted the following: All episodes are uncut! All the bumpers and everything.

The picture that Sam posted is hard to read the wording on the box but I think it says that the Limited Edition comes with both Blu-ray and UltraViolet Digital Download. Does anyone else see that?

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Is the Fox logo anywhere on the set? or has WB decided that since they own this now, they'll just erase all knowledge of that. Does Fox still own the film?

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Reed Grele said:
Is this what's included in the "Limited Edition" Blu-ray that I pre-ordered from Amazon? Includes: The Batmobile, Cards, and Books? If so... WOW! ZOWIE! ZAP! SPLAT! :drum:
I don't think those are books, but rather bonus discs, but that aside the cards and a Batmobile from Hot Wheel's, dosen't have me froking over $400, I'm not Hillary Banks. This is a very sad collector's edition IMO, WB should really stop these as they prove they don't how to put them together properly.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
So that horrendous image is actually part of the set huh? Have they confirmed a non-limited version of the blu down the road? I'll pay limited edition pricing if it means extra content like a bonus disc or three, but not for what's pictured here. The added toys and that are cool, but I look at them once and never again. The movie should be included in the limited edition set over the items.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I will happily argue that the earlier $188 pre-order price is fair for the episodes.

I think the LE add-ons are kind of crappy, and not worth throwing in to jack the price up. And, it turns out the horrible artwork is indeed the horrible artwork.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Honest question (not a complaint):

Someone at blu-ray.com posted the contents of the bonus materials and the episodes on the discs. They are showing that WHV is putting up to 12 episodes per disc. That's roughly 5 hours. Will this sacrifice PQ? My impression was that 4 hours was the upper limit if one wanted to maintain decent bit rates, etc. but I could be mistaken?

The bonus features listed all appear to be newly produced.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
The Obsolete Man said:
And, it turns out the horrible artwork is indeed the horrible artwork.
I don't know; the more I look at it the better I like it. It fits the cheesy comic book look of the TV show.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
From another forum: a list of (partial?) extras (my guess is there will be some vintage extras in there)*ALL 120 Original Broadcast Episodes Fully Remastered In HDOVER 3 Hours Of ALL NEW Extras:*Hanging with Batman – A true slice of life in the words of Adam West*Holy Memorabilia Batman! – A journey into the most sought after collectables through the eyes of 3 extraordinary collectors*Batmania Born! - Building the World of Batman – Explore the art and design behind the fiction.*Bats of the Round Table – A candid conversation with Adam West and his celebrity friends, chatting all things Bat ’66.*Inventing Batman in the words of Adam West (episode 1 &2) - A rare treat for the fans as Adam discusses his script notes on bringing Batman to life in the first and second episodes*Na Na Na Batman! — Hollywood favorites stars and producers recount their favorite Batman memoriesHighly Collectible Premiums:Hot Wheels® Replica Batmobile The Adam West Scrapbook 44 Vintage Trading Cards-----I don't see how this list is complete, since it doesn't mention Burt Ward or Julie Newmar, both of whom are known to have recorded extras.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
That list doesn't include commentaries. And I'd hope they'd have a few, given that the cast are alive and available to provide them.

sandijorgens1

Auditioning
Real Name
sandi
Steve...O said:
Honest question (not a complaint):

Someone at blu-ray.com posted the contents of the bonus materials and the episodes on the discs. They are showing that WHV is putting up to 12 episodes per disc. That's roughly 5 hours. Will this sacrifice PQ? My impression was that 4 hours was the upper limit if one wanted to maintain decent bit rates, etc. but I could be mistaken?

The bonus features listed all appear to be newly produced.
yes it seriusly compromises detail and bit-rate, blu-ray at max bot-rates should only have 3 hours or so per dual layer disc

High C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andante
That list doesn't include commentaries. And I'd hope they'd have a few, given that the cast are alive and available to provide them.
Or at the very least, one-on-one interviews with Burt and Julie about their memories of how they were cast, what it was like, favorite eps, etc.Honestly, I'm kind of underwhelmed by the extras so far. I hope there are some vintage photos as extras on the discs themselves. I would assume the 'deleted footage' was tossed back in 1966-68 because nobody anticipated a market for it. That's understandable. But obviously the Fox vault of promo photos exists even now. I would hope that they dip into that.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
This is what was on the old out-of-print Holy Batmania DVDs from Image. I was hoping that the set would include this stuff as it's quite expensive to get it now.

Side #1 -- Batman: Holy Batmania, Disc 1 Holy Batmania Holy Bat-Scenes Cesar Romero: In a Class By Himself (A&E Biography) Adam West: Behind the Cowl (A&E Biography) Julie Newmar: The Cat's Meow (A&E Biography)Side #2 -- Batman: Holy Batmania, Disc 2 Batman Screen Tests Lyle Waggoner and Peter Deyell Adam West and Burton Gervis Presentations & Promos 1966 Network Presentations ABC Promos ABC Promos: Year 1 ABC Promos: Year 2 ABC Promos: Year 3 Syndication Promos Syndication Promos: 1968-83 (60 sec) Syndication Promos: 1968-83 (30 sec) Syndication Promos: 1968-83 (10 sec) Generic 10-Second Promos Generic 10-Second Promos: Promo #1 Generic 10-Second Promos: Promo #2 Generic 10-Second Promos: Promo #3 Generic 10-Second Promos: Promo #4 Generic 30-Second Promos Generic 30-Second Promos: Promo #1 Generic 30-Second Promos: Promo #2 Generic 30-Second Promos: Promo #3 Generic 30-Second Promos: Promo #4 Batman Spots Batusi Bat Bones After Dark We Need Him Now Bat Punches Cartoon Batman Zowie Brain Power What is the World Coming To? Severerely Pummeled Take The By Surprise I Shouldn't Wish to Attract Attention Batman the Movie: Teasers, Trailers and Spots Teasers and Trailers Teaser Trailer #1 Teaser Trailer #2 Theatrical Trailer Teaser Trailer #2 (With Spanish) Theatrical Trailer (Spanish Version) Generic Spots Generic Spots: Big News Generic Spots: Stand By Generic Spots: Villains Generic Spots: World of Thrills Generic Spots: Holy Hollywood Batmania Wrap Arounds Batmania Intro Episodic Intros Episodic Intros: The Riddler Episodic Intros: Bat Gadgets Episodic Intros: The Joker Episodic Intros: Holy, Holy Episodic Intros: The Penguin Episodic Intros: The Penguin (Alternate Version) Episodic Intros: Out of Gas (Bat Bumper) Episodic Intros: Catwoman's Lair Episodic Intros: Catwoman's Lair (Alternate Version) Episodic Intros: Catwoman Episodic Intros: Cameos Episodic Intros: Green Hornet Episodic Intros: Burt Vs. Bruce Lee Event Closes Event Closes: Milk and Cookies Event Closes: Milk and Cookies (Alternate Version) Event Closes: Tune in Again Bat Trivia

High C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andante
Apologize for the separate post, because it's a separate issue, but is it just me or are they trying to pretend in the packaging and extras that Batgirl never existed???? The Joker is on the season 3 disc case?? Seriously, that was the weakest Joker season by far.I know it doesn't matter, but it seems quite evident to me they are soft-pedaling Batgirl/Yvonne because they know how many people dislike season 3.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
High C said:
Apologize for the separate post, because it's a separate issue, but is it just me or are they trying to pretend in the packaging and extras that Batgirl never existed???? The Joker is on the season 3 disc case?? Seriously, that was the weakest Joker season by far.I know it doesn't matter, but it seems quite evident to me they are soft-pedaling Batgirl/Yvonne because they know how many people dislike season 3.
I wouldn't read too much into it all. We haven't seen the back of each season, or other pics inside the digipaks, or even the back of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks