What's new

1966 Batman DVD Coming! See Post 649 (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
shoeshineboy said:
Hilarious!! Looks like Bat had been following The Evil King of Memphis at the buffet tables...
And possibly imbibing judging by his actions! :D

Sky Captain

Second Unit
Real Name
Neville Ross
younger1968 said:
i think it has been over 30 years since i remember seeing Batman on tv. At one time it was shown on YTV in Canada at 4-5pm. I would love to have this set, but as years past the likelihood of the release gets weaker. The generation that grew up with Batman are now in their 40-65 range and it is doubtful the youth today will be into a dated show.
FWIW, the 1966 show is on the Canadian channel Teletoon Retro Saturday nights at 7:00 PM. You can always set your PVR to record it and then transfer it to a DVD recorder later.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Sam Favate said:
No one has confirmed anything about DVDs. The show is being merchandised heavily beginning this year. You can find a link to those articles in this thread. With that, speculation began that the deal that allowed the merchandising would allow the DVDs. Bill Hunt of the Digital Bits - probably the single most respected DVD news site on the internet - mentioned 2013 as a possible release for the show on DVD. Bill's not given to idle speculation. If that site mentioned it, there is at the very least some talk going on behind the scenes.
Thanks for the posting, but i am ok! DVD set is more for my collection as i was huge batman fan! There are also many batman episodes on youtube as such if i really want to watch them then i have that forum as well.

SimonTemplar

Stunt Coordinator
ITV 4 are screening 2 episodes of Batman daily here in the UK. Is it me or have these prints been DNRed to death. Although the picture is clean there is no depth or detail at any point. I do hope these are not HD masters made for a potential DVD or BD release.

Real Name
Ron Albanese
Statskeeper said:
I found this set of clips on YouTube today. The CBC had an interview with William Dozier and some behind-the-scenes footage from 1966 posted to their channel: Part 1: Part 2:
WOW ... thanks for posting!

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
I'd be extremely surprised if what's being broadcast is anywhere near true HD. I'm sure they're just the most recent standard-def syndicated tapes, perhaps upscaled, but most likely not true HD.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Holy Opportunities, Batman! Lots of Joint Appearances this year. Courtesy of some posters on the 1966 Batman Message Board: Adam West, Burt Ward, Yvonne Craig in Winnipeg, April 6th and 7th (http://www.c4popculture.com/) Adam West, Burt Ward, Julie Newmar in Chicago, April 28th (an maybe 26th-27th) (http://www.c2e2.com/Whos-Coming/Guests/Entertainment-Guests/) Adam West, Burt Ward, Yvonne Craig, Lee Meriwether in Maryland Monster Mania Sept. 27-29 (http://monstermania.net/MMC26_GUESTS.html) Is this major Batcoincidence simply related to the new Batmerchandise? Is there more Unbatbelievable News to Come? Stay Tuned, Should be a Battastic 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Lantern

Auditioning
Real Name
Green Lantern
SimonTemplar said:
ITV 4 are screening 2 episodes of Batman daily here in the UK. Is it me or have these prints been DNRed to death. Although the picture is clean there is no depth or detail at any point. I do hope these are not HD masters made for a potential DVD or BD release.
And for anybody who hasn't bought a copy of the movie on DVD or Blu-Ray yet. Batman: The Movie can be seen on Film4 from time to time. And for those of you who are interested in what could be included in a release of the series. Here is a cracking thread from the 1966 forums that may be of some interest to you. http://66batman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=673

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Pretty entertaining interviews with Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar on the PBS Series "Pioneers of Television: Superheroes" episode last week. Newmar is as kooky as ever. West explained he couldn't see a damned thing, which is why he turned his head ever so slowly in what became a iconic way. Ward was shocked that he had to be dressed by someone else and the costume was the most uncomfortable thing he ever wore. Check it out.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I've seen Burt Ward being interviewed about his wardrobe, and his special problem with the network and his "package". Very funny stuff. :laugh:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It probably means nothing, but Time Life's announcement of the China Beach complete series probably means TL won't be handling a '66 Batman release, should it happen, this year.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
It probably means nothing, but Time Life's announcement of the China Beach complete series probably means TL won't be handling a '66 Batman release, should it happen, this year.
Hardly surprising, as I still find a 2013 release of Batman to be 99.9% unlikely anyway, regardless of the deal that was struck to approve other merchandise. Home video rights are an entirely different kettle of fish.

Maybe they made a deal...WB would have rights to merchandise and FOX would have rights to the show on dvd/blu-ray. Hopefully everything will be worked out. This show was made for HD!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm really debating going to see the movie in a few weeks. Dang, the more I think of it, the more I just want to pull the trigger!

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Jason_V said:
I'm really debating going to see the movie in a few weeks.  Dang, the more I think of it, the more I just want to pull the trigger!
I took my little girl to a local theater where the just showed the blu ray on the big screen. She really enjoyed it, and it wasn't from an original print with Adam West and Burt Ward in attendence. You should go. If I were anywhere near I would.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks