What's new

1956's "Bad Seed" .... Would Love To See A DVD Release!! Wouldn't You?? (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
"You can wash and you can wash and there'll still be some left."
Jeff .... Right on! I can hear H. Jones spitting out this quote right now in my head! He's a howl!
>> "...Suppose I told you I heard somethin' come rattlin' down that incinerator...and I says to myself, that sounds like a pair of shoes with cleats!!" -- Uttered by a near-beaming (and pretty near looking like he's ready for the rubber room) Henry "THE MAN" Jones. :D

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Well with Warners opening their vaults a bit more lately for older catalog films, I'd like to know if this film is any closer to seeing Laser Light shine on it. :)

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
seen it 100 times over the lat 35 years, and would watch it another hunread should I get it on dvd. it's been on the wish list since I started collecting.

Rob Ray

Agent
Warners releasing a 46 year old B&W film? Dream on!! I'll hang on to my Laserdisk of the film.
Why do you say that? Off the top of my head, I can think of Mildred Pierce, 42nd Street, Alice Adams, Little Women (two RKO titles now owned by Warner), Dark Victory and Now Voyager. Sure Warner has been very slow because of their insistance on doing digital cleanups on every title they release, but I wouldn't be surprised to see "The Bad Seed" come out in a year or two or three, with a Patty McCormick commentary. The only thing holding it up is the backlog of Warner titles even more deserving of release.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Warners releasing a 46 year old B&W film? Dream on!! I'll hang on to my Laserdisk of the film
I made that remark before WB started releasing more catalog titles. I think this title is pretty deserving of some attention in the next 12 months.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Aw Crappola!
Was hoping the BAD SEED thread resurrection was a sign of .... "Yes, it's been announced!"
But no. :frowning::frowning:
*sniff*
*blow*
>> "I've got the sweetest mommy. .... I've got the prettiest mommy."

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to get your hopes up David. I was hoping the resurrection might root out some updated info if any.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
How did i miss this thread the first time around?

What a fun film....well, fun and disturbing.

"Hortense (mrs. daigel) hasnt got much sense, lets right her name on the privy fence"

"a baket of kisses.....a basket of hugs"

"(knock knock) Leeeeeeee-rooooyyyyy."

omg, i could go on all day, haaaaaaaaa.

i won't...but i could.

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
I'm suprised no one has yet mentioned Eileen Heckart's performance as Hortense Daigle...she's just so damn great!!! What's that line of her's...."you got lot's of social commitments?" or "you have a lot of social engagements?"...something like that....always stands out (even though I can't remember it word for word :))
Henry Jones and Eileen Heckart really shine in THE BAD SEED! Can't wait to see it arrive on DVD..hopefully sooner than later!
JoN

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
"I believe ya did it! ... I was foolin' before, but now I believe ya killed him! .... You killed that little boy with them shooooos!!"

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
The Warner Home Video chat is on Tuesday April 22. That might be a good opportunity to discuss The Bad Seed with the powers that be.
Jeff
By the way, I love apricot juice. It doesn't even need ice. :)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I just picked up "THE BAD SEED" on DVD and the transfer looks great! Its full frame but that seems to be the original aspect ratio. There is also an conversation with Patty McCormick thats lots of fun. She also provides audio commentary along with Charles Busch.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
He directed Psycho Beach Party, right?

Yeah, I'd assume the OAR was full-frame if that's how the DVD is presented. I can't remember if my copy from AMC was widescreen or not. Part of me thinks it wasn't, but I can't remember.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I always had the idea that The Bad Seed was a WarnerScope film, but apparently it is not. I'm glad to hear the transfer looks great. I'm looking forward to seeing it again, along with Freaks and Dead Ringer.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Glad to see this movie on DVD...I caught it on TV as a kid and it freaked me out. :)
No insert though...did anybody get one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks