What's new

15" TITANIC MKIII SUBWOOFER KIT or DIY (1 Viewer)

MikeTC

Stunt Coordinator
Wanted to see if anyone have experience with the Dayton 15" TITANIC MKIII SUBWOOFER KIT for ~$690. If I were to purchase the MKIII driver and 1KW amp seperatly, I should just get the kit so there is very little building. BTW, the cabinet for the kit is about the max I could used ~22"^3. Any opinion and if I could do better with price and performance?

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
The deal for the Titanic kit (not assembled) is a pretty good deal. Since it has free shipping you are pretty much getting the cabinet and all construction materials for cost.

MikeTC

Stunt Coordinator
Jason, Do you have experience with the Titanic kit? How does it compare?

Thanks,

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have experience with the kit, but its a well respected driver from a well known company. I would suspect it would perform quite well vs competition in that price range.

If you are set on a sealed design there probably isn't even another competitor in that price range. If you were comparing it to ported designs there may be others in that price range that would have close to the same output in the lowest octave (i.e. under 30 Hz), but I think you'd have to put down a few hundred more dollars to get a commercial product that would beat it. Probably something like the PB12-Plus or PB12-ISD/2.

MikeTC

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Jason, no I'm not lock into the sealed design. I do however need this box to fit into a 23"X23"X23" enclosure.

I also would love to hear people with experience with the Dayton 15" TITANIC MKIII SUBWOOFER KIT for ~$690. How it sound and compared to other commercial as well as other DIY Subs.

Jason Dalton

Stunt Coordinator

A 23" cube is probably going to net you in the 5 cu.ft. area.

You could do a ported design with that much space. You'll get pretty impressive output from a ported 15" MKIII with 1000 watts

MikeTC

Stunt Coordinator
Jason, I would love doing a ported design but how? The space is more like 22"X22"X22". Shoule I just built a box as big as I can to fit into this space and put a port in it? What would be the port size & length and bracing construction? With a ported design, do I still need a 1KW amp? Don't want to waste money on wattage if it is not being used. Pleas help this newbie. I'm so new at this stuff it is not funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks