What's new

$13.95 BDs @ Amazon (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
These 6 titles are pretty much candidates for the eventual double-dip on BD. Proceed with caution...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Actually, yes, Chris.

I should have been more sensitive to the use of shorthand in the thread title...but while many people use BR, I read here on the HTF early-on that BD was the accepted industry abbreviation and I conditioned myself to use it.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

That and/or missing extra features, etc. in some cases. For instance, the T2 release is barebones kinda like the original DVD version on top of being subpar in PQ.

_Man_

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
When in doubt, just go read reviews of the BD titles in question, there are plenty of online sources for reviews. That's one of the things I do when I see a "deal" on HDM, and that usually saves me from the impulse purchase for a good many titles.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I would be highly surprised if T2 was NOT double dipped. I think it had, what, half a dozen iterations on DVD between the theatrical and director's cuts? This BD isn't even the director's cut so I fully expect that version in short order.

I own Stargate (twice, I got the corrected version with proper subs for the alien languages) and am underwhelmed by the PQ.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Exactly what I did when I checked out this sale. While I almost pulled the trigger on T2 at that price, I sought out a couple of on-line reviews which made it clear that an upgrade is expected down the road with better features, PQ & SQ. One reviewer also made a point that T2 is Artisan's cash cow...so they are going to keep coming up with creative ways to encourage double-dips.

johnathan

Stunt Coordinator
BD meaning Blu-ray disk. I know you got that it meant Blu-ray but just meant the D for disk ha ha. Johnathan

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

There's already a deluxe HD DVD due at the end of January in Germany, under the banner of "Dynamic HD." It boasts a lot of interactivity. I don't know if the whole Warner thing will affect its release or not.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I was tempted to pick up T2, but Im sure we'll see another version with the Dir Cut somewhere down the line.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Aye. Interestingly, Artisan even uses the same cover for this T2 release as the first DVD release way back when. Seems like a dead giveaway for those of us who still remember (or still have that version lying around). ;D

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
a bunch of br's have shown up in my cart as dropped $5 each or more., examples.

arlington road from 19.95 to 14.49
x-men last stand from 27.95 to 19.95
memoirs of a geisha 19.99 to 14.49.
plus a ton more including the spidey trilogy from $62 down to $43.

looks like a bunch of hd dvds have droppped also.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Aye. Anyone interested in Close Encounters might want to get it now. That one just dropped from ~$33 down to ~$24 today.

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i also posted links in the bargans area.
i also posted a question in feedback on whether we should have a hdm bargain
thread in the hd software section.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Spider-Man - Trilogy for only $43.49 (or if you still have the 10% discount $39.14) is the best deal I've seen so far on this set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks