What's new

12V Trigger Question (1 Viewer)

Steve_Moo

Stunt Coordinator
I just got a new Acurus A125x5 Amp and a Rotel RSP-976 PreAmp and I was wondering how I can get the amp to turn on and off with the Preamp. The Rotel has a 12V Trigger but the Acurus A125x5 has no trigger on it. I have a Monster HTS 2500 Power Conditioner that has a DC IN 3-30v. Do I plug in the 12v Trigger on my pre-amp into the DC in 3-30v on the Monster Power Conditioner?

Any Ideas, the Monster HTS 2500 has the AC in but I have to plug a regular 2 prong plug into the pre-amp which it does not have.

Any Help would be appreciated. I Finally moved to seperates and WOW what a difference it makes. I had a Pioneer Elite VSX-43TX before and there is no comparison in the 2 setups and the Pionner was a good Receiver.

Got the Amp and PreAmp for $950 and it was worth every dollar and then some.

RayJK

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have the Monster unit and so can't comment on what it may or may not be able to do. Perhaps you can beg borrow or buy a manual that will explain what the DC in is used for.

Beyond that, Parasound makes a unit called a SCAMP that will take a trigger input or audio signal input and switch on a set of 15 amp power relays. More than enough juice for your Acurus. You can find SCAMPs on ebay or Audiogon sometime or you could order one new at your local Parasound dealer.

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
Get a cheap powerboard with a surge protector, replace the surge protector with a 10A (or higher if you can find one) 12V triggered relay that can handle 110V and use a Belkin surge cube or similar to protect the powerboard. Then you have a switched powerboard.

Mark Leitch

Stunt Coordinator
Craig... can you recommend a good mechanical relay available from a US or Canadian based retailer (I love Australia... but shipping is a tad inconvenient ;-)

M.

Craig_Kg

Supporting Actor
Try a Radioshack (or another hobby electrical/electronic store). I got one from our local equivalent.

I could have dropped one off to you about a year ago (but I wasn't in to HT then ;))

Also, I created' a 12V trigger with my receiver by connecting a 12V plugpack to the switch power outlet on the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks