What's new

11 tv show i would love to see on dvd (1 Viewer)

John fur

Grip
1 harsh realm
2 earth 2
3 nowhere man
4 roar
5 now and again
6 sliders
7 lonesome dove the outlaw years
8 tekwar
9 the young riders
10 life goes on
11 china beach

any thoughts on these tv shows from anyone?

thank you

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Daniel, he said "Now and Again," not "Once and Again" (VERY easy to confuse the two!)

"Now and Again" starred Eric Close and Dennis Haysbert. It was sorta sci-fi, sorta not, and I think that's what killed it in the ratings. He had all these super-power things, but didn't use them enough. I enjoyed the show, but I don't know if we'll ever see it on DVD.

Gord

William Waits

Stunt Coordinator
Three words:

Men Behaving Badly

Then there is the following:

Maude
L.A. Law
Dukes Of Hazard
Wonder Woman
Captain America
Shazam
Last American Hero

Jeremy Jones

Stunt Coordinator
Dukes of Hazzard
Greatest American Hero
Star Trek TOS (Season Box Sets)
Remington Steele
Knight Rider
Seinfeld(Which is in the works)
Johnny Quest
Police Squad
Superfriends Season Box Sets
Wonderful World of Disney

Actually, all of these should be in Season sets

joe jackson

Auditioning
after the "success" of Arrested developement...I kinda started getting nostalgic over an unseen gem that also starred Jason Bateman.

"It's Your Move" from the very early '80s. It was (i believe) from the same people who would eventually bring us "Married with Children"

It only lasted a season...so it won't break anyones bank...plus there is a demand...having seen copies go for high dollars on ebay.

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
The only one I wish to see on DVD, preferably right away, is Carnivále. My other favorites are already out there, or are being currently released.

edit:
I take it back. Beside Carnivále, Moonlighting and Columbo would be nice to have on dvd. But I'm afraid that at least the former is not likely ever gonna make it...

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
Maude
The Adventures of Superman
Super Powers (It's the original Superfriends.. does anyone know what I'm talking about?)
AfterMASH
W*A*L*T*E*R
Rugrats (Come on people. Season Sets)
Happy Days
Laverne & Shirley
The Wonder Years
Gloria

and finally.

ARCHIE BUNKER'S PLACE (after AITF of course.)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Lets see, top 11

11. Alf
10. Alf
9. Alf
8. Alf
7. Alf
6. Alf
5. Alf
4. Alf
3. Alf
2. Alf
1. Alf

Actually I'm quite happy a number of my most wanted are either announced, rumored to be in development, or already out.

Edit: Included in these are: 2 Guys and a girl, Happy Days, Taxi, Garfield, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987), and the ones already out include King of the Hill, Married with Children, M*A*S*H, Friends, and King of Queens.

WendyCR

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm...

First and foremost...I must echo Jeremy's highlight of Remington Steele. I cannot wait for it to come out. Beyond that...

Silk Stalkings -- preferably the Rob Estes/Mitzi Kapture era

Moonlighting -- I know the pilot came out, but this show screams for complete seasons...well, at least the first two seasons.

Hunter -- the original series in the '80s. It was campy and cheesy some of the time, but fun!

Scrubs -- this show is vastly underrated by NBC, but deserves a release!

And right now, for the life of me, I cannot think of any more shows! ;)

John fur

Grip
Hi Casey

IS THAT YOUR TO 11 THEY LOOK GOOD CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE TO FIND THEM???????
thank you

1 alf
2alf
3alf
4 alf
5 alf
6 alf
7 alf
8 alf
9 alf
10 alf
11 alf

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit

Actually, it's the other way around. Super Powers debuted after superfriends and was designed to tie into the action figure series of the same name, rember? the ones with the awesome "action" features, like squeezing supermans legs to make him punch. First there were the super friends, followed by super powers, and then Super Powers: Galactic Gaurdians. Basically it's all 1 series though, they just changed the name. Either way, I'd love to have it all on DVD ;)

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I'm talking about the Super Powers that had Batman, Superman, Superboy, and Aquaman

With such episodes as:

The Revolt of Robotville
The Great Kryptonite Caper
Krypto, Super-Seeing Eye Dog
The Cool, Cruel Mr. Freeze
From Catwoman with Love
Superman Meets Brainiac
The Prankster

You might remember some of these episodes from the 1966 Adventures of Superboy cartoon series.. Filmation produced it I think.

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
I want ...
NIGHT COURT & SO MY FRIEND WILL QUIT HIS BITCHING..Parker Louis cant loose.

Joe_Pinney

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Pinney

I agree with all of these, but keep in mind that "The Wonderful World of Disney", or the Disney anthology series, was known by several titles from its beginning: as "Disneyland" (1954-1958), as "Walt Disney Presents" (1958-1961), as "Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color" (1961-1969), as "The Wonderful World of Disney" (1969-1979), as "Disney's Wonderful World" (1979-1981), and as "Walt Disney" (1981-1983). There was a break in the series on television between 1983 and 1985 (as the Disney takeover was occurring), then it came back as "The Disney Sunday Movie" (1985-1988), and as "The Magical World of Disney" (1988-1990 on NBC, 1990-1996 on the Disney Channel).

Here is a COMPLETE LIST OF EVERY DISNEY ANTHOLOGY SERIES EPISODE EVER AIRED, including air date, network, and time slot - http://www.billcotter.com/tvbook/appendix-b.htm

I agree that all of these episodes (excepting perhaps some of the broadcasts of various Disney theatrical films), should be released on DVD in season sets (certainly the 1954-1983 series). The few episodes I've caught on other Disney discs have been a real nostalgia trip for my eyes and ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks