What's new

$10k golden ears AMP challenge! (1 Viewer)

mike_decock

Supporting Actor
And forgetting what musical enjoyment is all about
How could you conclude that? A subjectivist will make purchases based on his subjective experience and enhance his enjoyment. An objectivist will make purchases to provide measurable improvements and enhance his enjoyment.

The purpose and the end result are the same, it is only the method that differs.

-Mike...

Yogi

Screenwriter
How could you conclude that? A subjectivist will make purchases based on his subjective experience and enhance his enjoyment. An objectivist will make purchases to provide measurable improvements and enhance his enjoyment.
You dont have to conclude whats obvious. Because measurable improvements need to be measured in various tests and DBTs and their merits established while the subjective experience needs no measuring and can be enjoyed instantly.

For example I just swapped my cables with some silver cables and instantly achieved the next level towards sonic nirvana. Click, and I was transported there. I didnt have to conduct extensive DBTs, I didnt have to measure resistance and inductance of my cables or any of that. I just plain entered the next level. Simple isn't it?

Same thing with your BMW. You didn't research any test studies or do any performance evaluation. The moment you stepped into your beamer you were amazed with the feel of the road texture and its traction and its 'Gods hand' braking capability. You just plain simply enjoyed it from the moment you began driving it. Did you not?

Hope that clears it.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
For the same amount of money, you could probably buy a less expensive vehicle with better specifications.
I'm not sure that analogy applies. Is there an objective engineering basis for saying a BMW is different from, say, a Toyota? I think there is. The relationship between the suspension, steering, etc. really is different. It's not just in your mind.

First establish a real difference. THEN you can argue about what's better.

Larry B

Screenwriter
I suppose one could argue that the superior road feel of a BMW is nothing more than the result of the placebo effect, since it's never been proven in a DBT. The same could be said for every improvement Ferrari makes in its Formula 1 car. I guess sometimes, you just have to trust your instincts.

Larry

mike_decock

Supporting Actor
You just plain simply enjoyed it from the moment you began driving it.
Yup. You enjoyed your cables from the moment you began using them and the objectivist will enjoy his new component from the moment he starts using it. He'll just pick speakers or room treatments instead of cables.

-Mike...

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
well Larry, just because you or I don't know the specification(s) that result in feedback, I would suspect that the people at BMW do.

Larry B

Screenwriter
Chu:
well Larry, just because you or I don't know the specification(s) that result in feedback, I would suspect that the people at BMW do.
Maybe yes, maybe no. Certainly in the case of a Formula 1, Ferreri depends heavily on what Michael Schumacker tells them, despite their having the most sopisticated instruments and the best engineers money can buy.
Larry

Lin Park

Second Unit
Wonder who will post the 1,000th reply to this? That would be post 1,001 though right? Oh no, not another millenium argument. ;)
Lin

Yogi

Screenwriter
He'll just pick speakers or room treatments instead of cables.
And what makes you think the subjectivist wouldn't do that? I am a subjectivist and I know that speakers make the most difference in sound more than any amp or cable. I also believe in the merits of room treatments. So lets not go there again.

Yogi

Screenwriter
I'll post the 1000'th post. Now its no longer about who is right or wrong. Its all about who will post the 1000th response. Everything else is techno babble.
Let the countdown begin.:)

Larry B

Screenwriter
Yogi:

He only listens with his ears and his instincts, which again I think is the best way to enjoy music that is to listen with your ears and not your head.
But I see no reason why one can't one can be objective in choosing one's equipment, then listen with one's ears when one settles back to enjoy the music with the chosen equipment.

Larry

P.S. I am not an onjectivist but we do need to be fair.

Larry B

Screenwriter
I'll post the 1000'th post. Now its no longer about who is right or wrong. Its all about who will post the 1000th response.
LOL. But we need to establish whether we're shooting for the 1,000th post or the 1,000th response (which will be the 1001st post).
Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks