What's new

1080p Front Projectors (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker

Jack:

Def Tech doesn't sell its speakerline over the Internet. You have to go into a local retailer to get those. The DVDO can be picked up by one of our vendors at a good price Ram Electronics. There are several outfits to get the Stewart screen from and I am not sure where you can pick up a Pearl right now but I would give the guys at TV Authority or Visual Apex a shout and they will be able to let you know why they will be getting them in.

Parker

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Tim:

I saw the AX100 at CEDIA and it looked great. Personally if I had the room to have one that would be the projector I would get. The other nice thing about this projector is that is dead quiet.

I know that Visual Apex has some deals going on with the AX100 and a screen. Tell them that you where reading about them on HTF and that you are interested in a combo and see what kind of price they will give you.

Parker

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Espon just announced a 3LCD 1080p projector with HDML 1.3 for ~$3,000. I really like were these prices are starting to head. :D

Engadget.com

edit: quick blurb

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
beat me 2it chris =).

looks like i have to sell my 1024x768 FP quickly. 1080p @$3k... WOW!!!! =). this is unbelievable!!!! i know it's only in Japan... but... man =). this is sooo coool! 1080p coming into reaches of mere mortals. just wow! =).

Dubaty

Auditioning
Real Name
Duane Ross
Incredible!! I have been in the planning stages for my new home theaterwhen I stumbled upon this thread. My system was to include the Ruby, the Def Tech Mythos speakers with Super Cube II sub in a semi-dedicated room.

Now I hear about the Pearl and wonder if I should save myself some bucks. The side by side comparison on Sony's website did not reveal major differences, yet the Ruby weighs almost twice as much and has twice the power consumption. Anybody know why?

Dubaty

Auditioning
Real Name
Duane Ross
And I would imagine a more expensive bulb. Probably makes a difference if there is ambient light in the room. But the Pearl sounds like it holds its own quite nicely. Can't find a user's manual online, but I am guessing the recommended distances are about the same. Well, I'll research some more and decide soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks