What's new

1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Hey music fans! I thought I'd be bold and post a link here. I've started a listening project, listening to all 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die, as published in the 2005 edition. This is a follow up to a project I did a few years ago where I listened to all 500 of Rolling Stone Magazines Top 500 Albums of all time. I'm blogging my thoughts on the titles as I go through them. Since the HTF is full of knowledgeable folk, I thought I'd link it here. Feel free to comment, encourage, discourage, disparage, join in, ignore at your leisure! :D

http://ruzzellsrambles.blogspot.com/2010/06/1001-albums-you-must-hear-before-you.html

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Russell,

I scanned the first TEN titles, looks like good selections.

The white (and some red) print on a BLACK background is actually painful for me to read, so, as much as I love this topic...I'm done.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Hey Henry,

I just bunnged that up using a default template. I chose a new template, let me know if it's easier to read. :)

Thanks for the feedback :)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Russell, much easier to read. Don't know how much I'll participate; as we all have our pursuits - but sounds like a lot of fun.

- Walter.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I think this is a worthy endeavor. I own at least 6 of the top ten you have listed thus far and I may attempt to shadow you on this. Any Ween on there?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Hey thanks guys.

Sadly ChristopherG, it looks like another best of type list with no Ween. If it was up to me, "The Pod", "Pure Guava" and "Chocolate and Cheese" would be on it for sure. They're my favourite band. :)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Russell G

Hey thanks guys.

Sadly ChristopherG, it looks like another best of type list with no Ween. If it was up to me, "The Pod", "Pure Guava" and "Chocolate and Cheese" would be on it for sure. They're my favourite band. :)

WEEN are brilliant. They can emulate any style of music perfectly. On any given album, they may sound like The Beatles, Motorhead, Merle Haggard, or even Jimmy Buffet.

The first time I heard Chocolate and Cheese, I was blown away.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Russell,

Do you have a link to the master list, or are you going through a book? I would love to peruse the whole list, but I doubt some of my favorites make the list either.

My #1 of all-time is still Faith No More's "Angel Dust", but I'm sure some of my favorites will make it, like Talking Heads "Remain in Light",

Celie

Auditioning
Real Name
Celie
Hi guys, the whole list would be interesting but would it be too daunting? Who has enough time? Breakfast, bath, lunch and dinner I suppose.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Thought I'd pat myself on the back and let everyone (no one) know that I've hit 400 Albums this past Monday. Yup, I'm still trucking along, the list in into 1978 now. Still mostly enjoying it, but man, I'm sure finding out what I don't like!

601 to go! ZZZRRROOOOM!

http://ruzzellsrambles.blogspot.com/2011/05/1001-albums-0391-0400-400-albums-heard.html

jim1987

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim Anderson
Wow.Its a great information to share buddy.I am now quit sure that I will not die before listening those albums.but its a huge list i hope.So I will die late for sure.lolz.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Thanks ha ha. It's a daunting list, but I can average 2 albums a day usually with my work commute. So it's not too bad. I miss listening to music I like though!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks