1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

10 years on HTF - ME!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jason Charlton, May 25, 2012.

1. Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton Ambassador

Jason Charlton
    Yay - I finally get to join the club!

I too, still have a few components in my system that I've had longer than I have been a member here...

My rear surround speakers are a pair of PSB Alphas from around 1997 - they were originally my fronts.

I also still have an old Onkyo 6 disc CD changer that is going strong even though it's not used all that much.

Technically speaking, I still have my first receiver - an Onkyo 828 (it used an outboard Dolby 5.1 decoder) - it's in its original box and would still work, but is pretty much useless as the S-Video monitor out connection isn't working, and other than that it only has composite video...

If anyone is interested in starting a museum of "outdated home theater equipment" I'd be happy to donate it...

Cheers!

2. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Let me be the first to welcome the "ambassador" into the club!

Congrats, Jason!

[​IMG]

3. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?

Tony D.
    I still have my first Akai that I bought in 1982.

4. David Norman

David Norman Premium
    Supporter

I have an Akai still in my lineup -- though it's a turntable from the late 70's. And to play on it the first 2 LPs i bought in the mid 60's -- a Moog (RIP Doc) synthesizer album
    and The Beatles Second Album.
    I just last night took out my original bought at literally the crack of DVD dawn $1000 Sony 7000 DVD player (with the switches) still functioning, but has long outlived any useful ability
    other than being a great CD transport.