1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

10 Dead in Minn. Shootings, 6 at School

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Michael Mathius, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Michael Mathius

Michael Mathius Well-Known Member

Another school shooting. [​IMG]

Six people died in the mid-afternoon shooting at Red Lake High School in far northern Minnesota, including four students. Also killed were a teacher and a security guard, FBI spokesman Paul McCabe said at a news conference in Minneapolis.

All of the dead students were found in one room. One of them was a boy believed to be the shooter. Reports are that the boy shot himself and said it was too early to speculate on a motive.

There are also talk about a possible connection between the suspect and a couple killed at their home, who were the grandparents of the shooter. Media outlets have reported that the grandfather was a police officer whose guns may have been used in the shootings.

Fourteen to 15 other students were injured, including two critically.

2. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Well-Known Member

awful news, i wish these types of events wouldnt happen.

CJ

3. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Well-Known Member

Scary. This happened about 30 miles South of here.

4. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Well-Known Member

His motive was to be the worlds biggest a-hole...motive accomplished. [​IMG]

When they bury this idiot, they really need to put that inscription on his tomb stone.

5. Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman Well-Known Member

Jumping Jesus on a POGO stick. when will this ever end? I wonder what band will be blamed for the recent events. Cause as one knows it is never the parents fault

6. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Well-Known Member

CJ

7. Mark Sherman

OH You are right sorry my brain was not working. It is fully saturated with coffee now. ALLLL BETTER

8. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Well-Known Member

When I first heard about it I didn't think too much of it, but then I read a short clip about it and started thinking how really sad it is.
    They said he was a loner, was teased.
    What would have happend had somebody just reached out to him. Someone would have be-friended him. I don't know, but it's sad.
    Sure he was horribly Fu#$ked up, and sure as burning hell I'm not defending him, but you just wonder. How much or little would it take.

We're doomed as a race...

9. Jeff Peake

Jeff Peake Well-Known Member

Guns dont kill people, kids who play video games kill people.

[​IMG]

10. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Well-Known Member

Now Marilyn Manson can get around to a career jump-start

11. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Well-Known Member

Well i guess anyone who knows me is FUBAR then. I feel like going Master Chief on someones ass! [​IMG]

12. Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger Well-Known Member

If video games where the cause, the population of the US would be much less right about now.

13. andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy Well-Known Member

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. But it can't be denied that guns make it a damn sight easier for people to kill people, as the relative murder rates in the (largely gun free) UK and the USA testify.

As for this guy having no friends - no wonder; he seemed to be spending all his time on the internet chatting to other morons with a nazi fixation and calling himself the angel of death. Call me a wimp, but when I was at school that is the sort of guy you stayed way clear of.

Of course in the UK there is little chance that such a kid could get hold of a gun. I understand that the murderer who then took the easy way out in this case stole his (police officer) grandfather's gun. However, didn't gramps keep his gun locked up? Some Brit police are armed and indeed some private citizens own sports guns (after undergoing rigorous police and medical checks), but we have rather strict rules about keeping firearms under lock and key when they aren't being used. Surely you guys have similar regulations, or do you just leave guns lying around the house?

Oh sorry, I forgot - you need them at a minute's notice in case we Brits invade your country, so keeping a gun locked up would mean that you couldn't get to it before the redcoats had knocked down your door. Look, if that's still bothering you, will you please take it from us Brits that we have long since forgotten about 1776, and other than sending our particularly stupid inhabitants to Florida every year on vacation, we honestly have no interest in invading your country?

Edit: sorry if anyone finds the flippant tone of the above offensive. My sympathies are genuine for all those families grieving lives cut short.

14. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Well-Known Member

Why are people shocked and horrified? How many more random shootings need to occur before people pull their heads out of their asses and start thinking of gun control in a real way?

15. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Well-Known Member

Truely this is a sad event. But i've read there are over 20,000 gun control laws on the books across the country at every level of government. Why don't we enforce 1 of those to stop this kind of violence.

I also read in a local paper that the guard at the school was unarmed. This could of been stopped very quickly if that guard was armed.

Paul

16. ChrisHeflen

ChrisHeflen Well-Known Member

Even if the guard was armed, he most likely wouldn't have known what was going on before the kid killed him.

Because everybody wants freedom, "freedom of...."
    We will "freedom" ourselves into our graves.

We're doomed as a race.

17. Mark Sherman

because congress would rather spend the money on questioning Sammy Sosa on the rampant steroid use in the MLB. But God forbid we get to the root of the problem of why teens are getting locked and loaded and taking out half the class with a semi automatic pistol.

No lets Just say its Video games and Heavy Metal Music.

18. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Well-Known Member

Parental responsiblity!

Paul

19. Greg Morse

Greg Morse Well-Known Member

The merits of gun control after any of these tragedies can be debated, but within the context of this individual event, how would gun control have affected the outcome? Are you stating we should disarm the police?

20. RobertR

RobertR Well-Known Member

Exactly. The circumstances make it rather silly to turn this incident into a gun control issue (which always seems to happen after such a killing spree).