What's new

10.5 worst TV show ever! (merged) (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
On a serious note(and that is hard with this stinker)I was thinking about if this ever did happen or at least a 3 major quake on the west coast. How this would devestate not only the US economy. But, the world economy also. I think California has the 4 largest economy in the world.

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I liked how Fred Ward was pinned under this incredibly heavy and immovable nuke, but every time he so much as trembled, the nuke moved with him.

Jimmy!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Eh, it was terrible. But as was noted, it was a ratings blockbuster.. something NBC hasn't had for a while, as their ratings have kinda sucked with few exceptions.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I was thinking that myself. Probably a huge depression. You could arguably say that we still haven't recovered fully from 9/11 (not that will will ever recover from an emotional standpoint). And we are certainly still in the events that 9/11 triggered. Hell, we still have not recovered as a nation from Janet Jackson's friggin boob.

I would have to say it would be nothing short of the highest devistation.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, it was a nice touch to close the show with another idiotic thing. :) From space, it looked to me like the distance between the island and the new coastline was at least as big as the Gulf of California, but on the ground it seemed to be like a river. And did you notice how smooth the new coastline was? :)

This was a hilarious show, thanks NBC! :)

/Mike

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
And when the actual earthquake was happening the carve looked narrow but when it was finished the piece of California had seemingly drifted away! ;)

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
While it was a baaaad program, maybe it will help get the networks off of the reality show fixation.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I think it was a ratings win because people only had to watch for 2 nights.

If it was like a television series, with 13+ episodes, the ratings would plummet after just 3-4 episodes...

Most people probably came in because of the effects. I watched night 2 just to see if it was really so bad... it was.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I taped this and ended up watching the second part in 45 minutes because I fast-forwarded thru so much of the cring-inducing dialogue. I guess that I should have known what I was in for when the promo spot just before part one stated:
"Beau Bridges and Kim Delany head an all-star cast..." Ummm. NOT!!! Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks could head an all-star cast! Hell, David Letterman and Roseanne could head an "all-star" cast (just think how much better this would have been with THEM in the lead roles!) And the first three minutes set the tone for how awful and improbable the following FOUR HOURS would be: would ANYONE riding a bike in an earthquake continue to ride on it, using that old "bob and weave" strategy to avoid falling landmarks?

The Govenor's daughter should have been the one to go down that shaft and take the nuke up the ass for the sake of all mankind. Every last one of those characters should have died...at least then there would be SOMETHING entertaining to come out of this travesty of movie-making.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I am not sure which was worse: four hours of 10.5 or the 10 minute preview of The Day After Tomorrow. Tell me you didn't feel a little deja vu when the ice started to crack...

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Oh, please, you can't be serious. The camera work in 10.5 was absolutely atrocious. It was much better in that preview.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
The Day After Tomorrow is how you do a world coming to an end because of mother earth movie. :) Can't wait for this one.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I forgot to mention, I've been seeing stuff about the film on several TV shows lately, and scientists are really liking this film, which is almost unheard of for these types of movies. It will be nowhere near 10.5's scientific ignorance. Hell, even the government is worried about the scenario, as it is a huge possibilty, and the nonfiction book its based on explains all of it.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
NBC would have no trouble selling the DVD of the miniseries if they put a killer DTS soundtrack on it. :D

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I watched this. True there may be some problems with the science and what-not, and not the greatest dialog at times, but all that would be passable. But the shaky and excessive zooming was pretty bad. I thought people here were exaggerating, I see not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks