What's new

10.5 worst TV show ever! (merged) (1 Viewer)

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
Are we talking about the whole entire continent of America?

It won't get good until the argmaddeon earthquake hits.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
This is hysterical.... the way everybody is running around. Hilarious! And the way the quake is reconfiguring America is also as funny!

I'm so glad it's over!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Woah!!! That's it?!?!? Even for this crap, that's the lamest ending I've ever seen. MARS ATTACKS was more effective and that was TRYING to be sarcastic! If I had gone for a beer, I would have missed it!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Directed by
John Lafia

Writing credits
Christopher Canaan
John Lafia
Ronnie Christensen

These are the folks responsible for this steaming pile. Memorize them and avoid future pain and suffering!

Damn, that was awful. Cliches, coincidences, and lots and lots of crap.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
"It was great! Much better than Cats. I'd see it again and again...." ;) (from an old SNL skit)

Someone at NBC better get the zoom fixed. Well, I hope Disneyland is ok?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Ok Part two. Cliched/Ridiculous situations.

Things go fine planting the nukes until the last one where we have a fatal screw up. Team leader must go in knowing that he is not coming back. Fortunately, he does get in that crucial last phone call with his son.
Black doctor declaring to his family that he will stay and help the evacuation because he "would not be able to live with himself if he did not" Like he could live with himself if he never saw his family again.
Governor's aide on the verge of death, does not look good. Wants to take back bad things she said to husband in heat of a fight "You're going to tell him yourself" but she dies soon after.
Father/Daughter reconciles. Father admits he never stopped loving wife. Mistakes he made in the past 24-48 hrs manifests itself into guilt on giving up on his family - He's afraid of change.
Last, most important nuke does not go off according to plan. Seismologist invesigates, but something is not right and happens to figure out that a river is not flowing the right way
California has new geograqphy and now there is an island.
Black doctor is repeatedly able to locate his family in a sea of people, even while the 10.5 is commencing.
Other surgeon spots a lone, still little girl in all the chaos, takes it upon himself to rescue her.
Gigantic fissure stops opening right before main characters are to be claimed.
Little girl is the first to make an observation. It is "Wow" to which the Doctor replies "Yeah, Wow" people are in awe. No one seems to be crying or hurt, just "Wow"
Tears welling up in President's eyes. Gives a breif "We will prevail" speech

I was hoping for the coup de grace "You've just seen "10.5" but could it really happen? Our experts say it may be more possible than you think. Details at Eleven" but it did not come, at least where I am from.

I guess now all the schools will have to be outfitted with new maps, does anyone have any idea what that will cost taxpayers?

One other thing. After the nuke detonations and the quake started at the evacuation site. I thought the daughter said something like "Why isn't it stopping" like she knew about the plan to fuse the faults. Anybody else notice this?

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Way to pull something out of your ass! :) The broadway show with the hyponotist, Right?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
If there was ever a reason for MST3k to come back to the airwaves.. where are Joel, Crow & Tom Servo when we need them...

Hell, the footage looks like it could have been done by Cambot..

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I went over and watched this with my mom tonight and it was a blast of a MST3K time. Everytime the governer came up we did a Governator dub. "Everybody get down!! It's not a tumor...I mean tremor" :D

Then the finale with the opera music which was easily substituted with an operatic "oooooooooohhhhh shit...ooooOOOOoooohhh Shiiiiiit". :emoji_thumbsup:

Poor Fred Ward. At least in Tremors it didn't take itself seriously and Ward had fun with it.

I can't believe I actually sat through 4 hours of this cripe.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
There were moments of shear stupidity beyond count. My own personal favorite:

There are 20 million people in the greater LA area. The goofy-looking President, the bitchy governor of California, and the anonymous governor of Nevada worked their goofy, bitchy, and anonymous fingers to the bone fingers to the bone to get each and every one of them to Barstow (Barstow?!) (As for the governor, when she was busily not dying, didn't she sound like Oskar Schindler, "I could have done more. One more train [unless it was chased by a temblor] could have gotten another 1000 out!") But, I digress. The most ridiculous point to me, was the surgeon, wandering through a crowd of 20 million people, hollering , "Jill?! JILL!?" and, not only can he be heard above the crowd, but he finds Jill.

Another comment. How much time did this laughfest consume? Not time in our lives, but time in the 10.5 world. I was in and out while doing other chores, but did this all happen on one day? The FEMA guy got from Washington DC to Seattle, to LA, to Redding, to San Bernardino sooo fast! He gets around better than "24"'s Jack Bauer!

The town that vanished was Browning. I assume that it is right next to Redding? Maybe the settlers there tanned rather than burned?

Roberto Carlo, TV/movie types get LA wrong too. Ask viewers of "24".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks