What's new

HD Channels in my flat panel show image "breaks" (1 Viewer)

oscare66

Auditioning
Real Name
Oscar
In order to protect my LCD HDTV from power surges, I got at Best Buy a power surge protector which also allows to connect the signal cable from Comcast (coaxial). That way, everything (coaxial signal and power) are hooked up through his power surge protection device. After I connected it all, I started seeing how some HD channels' image started to break or freeze, or even disappear. Called Comcast and they spent sometime with me on the phone doing some troubleshooting but concluded there was nothing wrong with the signal from Comcast or the box. So I figured it might be something related to the the surge protector. Any tips or recommendations?

thanks

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
Well, if you jump over the box with your cable signal, and the problems all go away, then my obvious first step would be return the surge-protector as defective. If, after jumping the cable over the surge-protector, it doesn't get better, then there's something really wonky somewhere. Although I'd suspect also any cable connections, and, perhaps, cables. A defective cable, while somewhat on the rare side, is a real pain..

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks